Anything else I need for dosing?

jnbrex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to set up my aquarium with a controller to auto-dose 2 part and monitor pH. I'm choosing Hydros so that I can buy the maven when it eventually comes out. I bought the BRS 2-Part Pharma Calcium & Alkalinity Starter Package for the 2-part. Here's the list of components I'm going to buy - is there anything else I should add? Do I need dosing containers? If so, which one would work with the Hydros dosing pump?

Hydros Control 4 Starter Pack - Aquarium Controller System

Simplicity Dosing Tube Holder

2x Hydros 2mL/min Dosing Pump

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 part bionic for dosing and have 2x 1500ml containers for alk and cal.

Attachments

• 20220313_090401.jpg
    20220313_090401.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 17

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to set up my aquarium with a controller to auto-dose 2 part and monitor pH. I'm choosing Hydros so that I can buy the maven when it eventually comes out. I bought the BRS 2-Part Pharma Calcium & Alkalinity Starter Package for the 2-part. Here's the list of components I'm going to buy - is there anything else I should add? Do I need dosing containers? If so, which one would work with the Hydros dosing pump?

Hydros Control 4 Starter Pack - Aquarium Controller System

Simplicity Dosing Tube Holder

2x Hydros 2mL/min Dosing Pump

If you are getting the Hydros 2ml per minute dosing pumps get the XP8 or get a Launch to use those with. I would not power those with a wifi power strip since if there is a wifi communication error when the pump is running it will continue to run until communications is restored or the wifi strip is powered down regardless of how long communications is down. The wifi strip will not do anything unless it gets a command to do so. So if it is on and does not get the command to turn off it will stay on.

OP
OP
jnbrex

jnbrex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are getting the Hydros 2ml per minute dosing pumps get the XP8 or get a Launch to use those with. I would not power those with a wifi power strip since if there is a wifi communication error when the pump is running it will continue to run until communications is restored or the wifi strip is powered down regardless of how long communications is down. The wifi strip will not do anything unless it gets a command to do so. So if it is on and does not get the command to turn off it will stay on.
Got it, that's really helpful, thanks!

What if I got the Hydros Control x10 and the Simplicity 6L Triple Dosing Container (3 x 2L) instead? Then I'll have a container for cal, alk, mag, and I'll have 4 dosing pumps directly integrated with the controller - no wifi to go down.

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What if I got the Hydros Control x10 and the Simplicity 6L Triple Dosing Container (3 x 2L) instead? Then I'll have a container for cal, alk, mag, and I'll have 4 dosing pumps directly integrated with the controller - no wifi to go down.
Talk about bang for your buck, I went with 3 of the 2L variants to make it easier to pull one out to clean and couldn't be happier. The 6L model does have a cleaner look then 3 2L's though.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The X10 is a great choice those are precision stepper motor dosing pumps. You can set the flow rate you want from a very low .1ml a minute to 100ml a minute. They can also run in either direction. I use X10 dosing pumps for dosing All For Reef and a KH buffer. I also use them for my iV testing vessel to do alkalinity testing. I have 2 of the X10's.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back