Anything else needed?

ZachariahBeanzz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2024
Messages
289
Reaction score
118
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I’m just finished (I think) with what I should be getting for my new aquarium. For equipment, I’m getting the IM 20g Nuvo AIO, I have a helio heater, HyperReef 100 for lighting, an AI Nero 3, Red Sea test kits (Salifert for magnesium), and I’m also buying a media basket. I’m still debating on what bacteria to use for starting everything up (I’ll probably go with Fritz), I’m going to get copepods from Algae barn, and I already have rock and sand figured out. That’s everything I could think of right now, but anything advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
 
I think you have almost everything. You didn't mention it, but if you are going to have coral, I would consider getting an RODI system.

I dont think the following are necessary at the moment, but may be something to think about as it progresses:

Glass scraper.

Protien skimmer. I don't know the layout of the IM 20, so there may not be room.

ATO, so you dont have to worry about evaporation.

Lid/net to prevent fish from jumping.

Be sure to create a build thread so we can see your build.
 
I think you have almost everything. You didn't mention it, but if you are going to have coral, I would consider getting an RODI system.

I dont think the following are necessary at the moment, but may be something to think about as it progresses:

Glass scraper.

Protien skimmer. I don't know the layout of the IM 20, so there may not be room.

ATO, so you dont have to worry about evaporation.

Lid/net to prevent fish from jumping.

Be sure to create a build thread so we can see your build.
Sorry, I was having a brain fart, but you reminded me of everything I forgot. I have an RODI system for my other tank, and I’m going to get some LPS and softies, I have a glass scrapping kit for my other tank as well that I’m going to use for this one, and I’m not looking into a protein skimmer, or anything like that. And I totally forgot about an ATO, thanks! And I’m going to get the Lid that comes with the IM tank
 
Sorry, I was having a brain fart, but you reminded me of everything I forgot. I have an RODI system for my other tank, and I’m going to get some LPS and softies, I have a glass scrapping kit for my other tank as well that I’m going to use for this one, and I’m not looking into a protein skimmer, or anything like that. And I totally forgot about an ATO, thanks! And I’m going to get the Lid that comes with the IM tank
Awesome, I forgot/didnt know it comes with a lid, so that is great.
 
I was just reading a bit more on the AI Nero brand, and it seems at least the Nero 5 seems to have a lot of issues, any idea about the Nero 3?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new