Aoi zoa

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ordered aoi zoanthids from vivid aquariums? I’m looking for some blue zoas and it seems like this is almost too good of a price? They’re going for $189 from WWC. Do these look good in person?
Thanks everyone!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly, WWC's strain of AOI is different than the first AOI strain that came around. I think they said something like the OG strain had a tendency to melt and their strain is much hardier. Someone please correct me if I'm way off base, but I sort of recall something like this said during a past live sale.

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't, but they look legit to me. Doubt they'd say they're WWC AOI if they weren't sourced there originally. WWC's prices have been absolutely surging in the last 1-2 years. Vivid's seems like a fair price range to me.

OP
OP
monti mike

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly, WWC's strain of AOI is different than the first AOI strain that came around. I think they said something like the OG strain had a tendency to melt and their strain is much hardier. Someone please correct me if I'm way off base, but I sort of recall something like this said during a past live sale.
Hmmm interesting!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, just realized Vivid is selling WWC's AOI's. My previous comment wasn't that helpful. But I agree, WWC's prices have been surging.

OP
OP
monti mike

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't, but they look legit to me. Doubt they'd say they're WWC AOI if they weren't sourced there originally. WWC's prices have been absolutely surging in the last 1-2 years. Vivid's seems like a fair price range to me.
Thanks that’s what I was thinking too. I’m usually not the biggest zoa collector but I think these would look great in my mini zoa garden. It’s just tough ordering online because you never know how they’ll really look.
D78EFB54-F4FF-4D0B-B7B1-5989E4BEBFE9.jpeg

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are nice and seem to retail for about what they are charging, lots of "hobbyists" selling them for that price on here too

OP
OP
monti mike

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, just realized Vivid is selling WWC's AOI's. My previous comment wasn't that helpful. But I agree, WWC's prices have been surging.
Vivids look a little lighter so that’s what made question it. But so many places use photoshop.. oh I mean editing! You never know!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ordered aoi zoanthids from vivid aquariums? I’m looking for some blue zoas and it seems like this is almost too good of a price? They’re going for $189 from WWC. Do these look good in person?
Thanks everyone!

Seems about right. I got a 8-ish polyp AOI frag for 90 or so from a WWC live sale. 1 polyp for 30 seems about good.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!

Has anyone ordered any? Are they legit??

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back