Apex A3 ATO

Big_G_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon. I am fairly new to Apex. I had a Classic I used for monitoring only, but just bought an A3 junior and paired it with an EB4. I am trying to configure an ATO system using the included new optical sensor amd a small pump plugged into the EB4. It seems to be setup correctly and turns on when the optical sensor is dry, but it does not shut off after the sensor is submerged. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? Do I need a second optical sensor?

Any help or tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A second sensor is always a great idea for a backup, but if you're just running the single sensor you'll want something like this for your (ATO pump) outlet configuration:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If <optical name> OPEN Then ON
If <optical name> CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 001:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

The "When On" command is a kill/failsafe, such that if the outlet runs for more than 1:00 min then it permanently disables the programming in Fusion (from AUTO to OFF). This is to prevent the pump from overfilling your tank and flooding.

OP
OP
B

Big_G_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A second sensor is always a great idea for a backup, but if you're just running the single sensor you'll want something like this for your (ATO pump) outlet configuration:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If <optical name> OPEN Then ON
If <optical name> CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 001:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

The "When On" command is a kill/failsafe, such that if the outlet runs for more than 1:00 min then it permanently disables the programming in Fusion (from AUTO to OFF). This is to prevent the pump from overfilling your tank and flooding.
Thanks. I tried to do it with the built ato tasks. Maybe i need to look into the coding part

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back