Apex A3 Pro FMM Issues...

gadgeTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I'm new to using an Apex controller and just finished the initial setup of my new Apex A3 Pro. Everything appears to be going well enough, aside from the lack of being able to calibrate one of my 3 Liquid Level Sensors (LLS-15) plugged in to the A3 Pro.

Here's the setup of my A3 Pro's built-in FMM ports:
* Port 1: Setup as "Liquid Level Sensor". I have an LLS-15 plugged in here named "L-SUMP" for measuring the depth of the return section of my sump.
* Port 2: Setup as "Liquid Level Sensor". I have an LLS-15 plugged in here named "L-ATO" for measuring the depth of my ATO bucket.
* Port 3: Setup as "Liquid Level Sensor". I have an LLS-15 plugged in here named "L-SALT" for measuring the depth of my Saltwater water change bucket.
* Port 4: Setup as "Water on Floor". I have an LD-2 leak sensor plugged in here named "Leak_C" for detecting water in my sump cabinet.

I was able to successfully calibrate the "L_SUMP" and "L_SALT" and the LD-2 leak sensor is working fine. The "L_ATO" in port 2; however, refuses to calibrate.

After much swapping of water buckets, swapping of LLS sensors in the same ports and attempts at calibrating, I decided that Port 2 might be finicky....

So I decided to swap cables and move the LD-2 leak sensor to Port 2 and move the ATO's LLS to Port 4.

I reattributed the ports in the FMM setup. So far, so good.

Here is the updated port assignment:
* Port 1: Setup as "Liquid Level Sensor". I have an LLS-15 plugged in here named "L-SUMP" for measuring the depth of the return section of my sump.
* Port 2: Setup as "Water on Floor". I have an LD-2 leak sensor plugged in here named "Leak_C" for detecting water in my sump cabinet.
* Port 3: Setup as "Liquid Level Sensor". I have an LLS-15 plugged in here named "L-SALT" for measuring the depth of my Saltwater water change bucket.
* Port 4: Setup as "Liquid Level Sensor". I have an LLS-15 plugged in here named "L-ATO" for measuring the depth of my ATO bucket.

However, the FMM apparently still thinks that the FMM is plugged into Port 2. The Dashboard tile for my "L_ATO" which is now plugged in to Port 4 is showing a reading even though it is dry (not in a bucket).

When I check the "device" names for each of the 4 sensors plugged in to the FMM, they don't seem right.

Something apparently got goofed up when I swapped plugs in the ports. Since the FMM is built into the A3 Pro, I cannot unplug it or reset it with a paper clip as one could if it were a separate box. I tried "deleting" the FMM from my configuration but when I re-added it, the port configuration was retained.

How do I reset this built-in FMM so I can set up the ports again?

I have tried support tickets with Neptune but they only help via email, have been very slow (like 2 replies a day) and their responses are not very helpful.

Hopefully someone here had a similar issue and can propose a simple solution. I have surveyed every menu and option in the Fusion web-app and can't find a way to delete an assignment for the FMM ports.

TIA!

OP
OP
gadgeTT

gadgeTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. When I plug the devices back in to their original ports, they work but the LLS in Port 2 still doesn't calibrate.

Dfrashid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call SaltwaterAquarium.com they have been really helpful for me so far great people as well 18887001012 keep in mind they are on Easter time not sure where you are located

OP
OP
gadgeTT

gadgeTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took a minute to get Neptune on a tech support call, but we did a bunch of troubleshooting live and he determined that the FMM was bad. He had me destroy it and then sent a replacement. That replacement worked immediately and all is now good.

OP
OP
gadgeTT

gadgeTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took about 5 back-and-forth emails over a week before they finally offered it. I’d proactively ask the next time.

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I may... How does one configure the included "multi-surface leak detection probe" in Fusion? I don't see it as a listed device under Tasks. There's "ATK Leak Detection" and "Configure Leak Detection Kit", but those are separate devices/subsystems.

It's my understanding that the functionality of the LDK is now embedded in the A3 Pro but I don't see any options specifically addressing the included leak detector.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back