apex alarm?

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why am i getting this every :54 on the hour?

comes as email, text and alert.

i just can't figure out these alarms.

IMG_5780.PNG

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Status ON / Set OFF almost always means that the Dashboard slider for the email alarm output is (incorrectly) in the manual ON position. It should be in the AUTO position.

Slider positions OFF and ON are manual overrides. A slider must be in the AUTO position for programming to be executed.

By having a slider in the OFF or ON position, you are telling the Apex to ignore the configured programming and just be OFF or ON. In the case of the email alarm output, having it forced to ON means that the alarm is ON even though no programmed alarm conditions are present.

You are getting those every hour because the Apex & APEX Fusion will automatically repeat sending an alarm notification every hour by default as long as the alarm condition persists.

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Status ON / Set OFF almost always means that the Dashboard slider for the email alarm output is (incorrectly) in the manual ON position. It should be in the AUTO position.

Slider positions OFF and ON are manual overrides. A slider must be in the AUTO position for programming to be executed.

By having a slider in the OFF or ON position, you are telling the Apex to ignore the configured programming and just be OFF or ON. In the case of the email alarm output, having it forced to ON means that the alarm is ON even though no programmed alarm conditions are present.

You are getting those every hour because the Apex & APEX Fusion will automatically repeat sending an alarm notification every hour by default as long as the alarm condition persists.

hmm. the email alarm is in auto. with only one code that should not be setting it off

the other alarms i can’t find, no slider. aren’t they supposed to have a slider? don’t see them up in the ‘lock’ area either

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now im getting this one instead of OFF. i blanked out all 3 alarm codes. all alarms are blank. email is set to auto. and the other two i have no clue because they dont have sliders.

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 12.55.03 PM.png

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A blank program is not valid.

The two audible alarm output sliders will not appear on the dashboard or in the unused tile area unless you have an Apex display module connected.

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A blank program is not valid.

The two audible alarm output sliders will not appear on the dashboard or in the unused tile area unless you have an Apex display module connected.

i have the apexEL, so i don’t have a display.

so i have to have something in the “configuration “ area?

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post your email programming.
By chance are you missing the Set OFF as the first line of programming in the email output?

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, i took that out. what is the meaning of that?
i just have:

If ATO_MT Is Closed Then On

so i have the magnetic float valve on my ATO. when it closes water is low, need to know.

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Set OFF tells the alarm output to turn OFF when no other alarm are true. When that line is missing then the outlet can never turn OFF giving you alarms every hour.

You need the outlet to be set to AUTO and have this be the programming (In your programming above (Is) is not valid programming)

Set OFF
If ATO_MT Closed Then ON
Defer 000:30 Then ON

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back