Apex and Maxspect gyra

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm new to apex and my new/used unit is still on its way. I plan on using two maxspect gyra on my 90 gallon build and was originally planning on just using the advanced controller. Now that I decided to buy an apex I'm thinking about going through it instead. I understand that I need to go through the ice cap interface instead of the advanced controller but there is one thing I can't figure out. Will I need to get a separate power supply? If I was to order just the 2 of the pump only and two of the ice cap interface's what do I need to do for power? Also is there a module I need to buy for the apex to hook the ice cap interfaces too? Thanks for all the help.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/xf230-gyre-pump-only-2300-gph-maxspect.html

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/gyre-interface-module-xf130-icecap.html

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much! Next question would be, do you run this set up? If so is it worth the extra cost? Or better off just using the advanced controller?

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this is the setup I'm running, really satisfied with it, I had planned on buying the controller and decided it would be a waste in my case. I run the sync anti sync that the have demonstrated on video and I love the random flow in the tank

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, thank you very much for all the help. This build will be my first time messing with an apex so I still have a lot to lean.

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, a lot of help here and on You tube, I'm not good at this stuff and most of my set up has been copied from others then adjusted to my liking

Back