Apex and Quantum Fiber

Dive Cowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a post from early 2023 about this, but didn't see a resolution. Someone was having this same problem I'm encountering. I purchased an apex and tried to connect it, but the head unit keeps disconnecting from wifi. I had a support call with Neptune and they decided to send me a new unit. Unfortunately I'm having the same issue with the new one. It definitely seems like an internet connection issue specifically with my isp and/or hardware, especially after reading another post outlining the same problem. It's not feasible for me to directly connect to the modem, but the previous poster did that and it didn't resolve the issue. Anyone else encounter this problem and work out a solution?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some clever user on R2R suggested to me change the build in SD card; that it would solve the issues. Several threads here on how to do that - but I wasn't brave enough..

I was brave enough to drill holes in three different walls to cable it in to my modem though and never looked back! :)

OP
OP
D

Dive Cowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some clever user on R2R suggested to me change the build in SD card; that it would solve the issues. Several threads here on how to do that - but I wasn't brave enough..

I was brave enough to drill holes in three different walls to cable it in to my modem though and never looked back!

I was brave enough to drill holes in three different walls to cable it in to my modem though and never looked back! :)
So it worked hardlined in to the modem?

OP
OP
D

Dive Cowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes never looked back. Not a single disconnect the past six month.
I'm really trying to avoid that. Just not convenient at all. Still looking for other options. Quantum Fiber said they were sending me a router that would work with their equipment. I think I can create a new network using a router and that will solve the problem. I think the problem is the Apex communicating with the pods.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back