Apex ATK Adjustment Help

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ATK low sensor malfunctioned last night and I didn’t catch it until this afternoon. It continuously read closed (from 7:00 last night until 3:00 this afternoon) and my pump was running pretty dry. It typically runs for about 30 seconds to a minute every hour. What additional programming can I add to either turn the ATK on for a short time or even possibly use the high sensor? I would like an alarm to notify me of the change so that I can clean the sensor. Is this doable?

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should already be programed with a time limit for that specific purpose.

Here is mine, the default programming. I also have a sensor in my RO tank, ROLow. Which is why you see that.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATK_H OPEN Then ON
If ATK_L CLOSED Then OFF
If ROLow OPEN Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

By default it should only run for 5 minutes every 60 minutes. You can reduce the 5 minutes to whatever you want and also extend the min time to something higher, like 120 so it will only come on every 2 hours.

As for alarms. Click settings - inputs - find the name of your high atk sensor and click the alarm notification.

I have yet to have mine fail to close, but they have failed to open a few times now in 6 months.

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is mine, the default programming. I also have a sensor in my RO tank, ROLow. Which is why you see that.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATK_H OPEN Then ON
If ATK_L CLOSED Then OFF
If ROLow OPEN Then OFF

By default it should only run for 5 minutes every 60 minutes. You can reduce the 5 minutes to whatever you want and also extend the min time to something higher, like 120 so it will only come on every 2 hours.

As for alarms. Click settings - inputs - find the name of your high atk sensor and click the alarm notification.

I have yet to have mine fail to close, but they have failed to open a few times now in 6 months.
My pump never came on to fill the tank because the low sensor never read open. It was dirty I guess. I cleaned it and it’s working fine now, but if there’s a way to adjust the programming to automatically turn the pump on after a couple hours that would be great. It would still have a high sensor and float switch as backups.

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATK_H OPEN Then ON
If ATK_L CLOSED Then OFF
If ROLow OPEN Then OFF

My return pump was running dry. The PMUP has plenty of water to use from.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a third sensor as a low water alarm to notify you something maybe wrong.

could keep it lower to even turn off return pump

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a virtual output to act as a timer to tell you if the low sensor hasn’t reported OPEN for a long time, then send you an alarm notification. This example will send you a notification if it’s been CLOSED for 2 hours

[ATK_Lo_Warn]
Set OFF
If ATK_Lo CLOSED Then ON
Defer 120:00 Then ON

[EmailAlm]
Set OFF
If Output ATK_Lo_Warn = ON Then ON

If you’re not familiar with virtual outputs, see my tutorial here:

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a virtual output to act as a timer to tell you if the low sensor hasn’t reported OPEN for a long time, then send you an alarm notification. This example will send you a notification if it’s been CLOSED for 2 hours

[ATK_Lo_Warn]
Set OFF
If ATK_Lo CLOSED Then ON
Defer 120:00 Then ON

[EmailAlm]
Set OFF
If Output ATK_Lo_Warn = ON Then ON

If you’re not familiar with virtual outputs, see my tutorial here:
Would this work or no? I added the virtual outlet as well. I’m just thinking this may at least help keep the sump full.

Attachments

• B6F0334A-1BE3-443F-A4D9-EF76896BAD41.png
    B6F0334A-1BE3-443F-A4D9-EF76896BAD41.png
    326.6 KB · Views: 34

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this work or no? I added the virtual outlet as well. I’m just thinking this may at least help keep the sump full.
No, that syntax on line 4 is invalid.

If the sensor is not reading properly, I would suggest manual investigation rather than automation turning on a pump when you don't know for sure what the situation is.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back