apex ato outlet PH control

t blackwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have code for an outlet assigned to an tunze ato. I use kalkwasser in my ato and would like to have a simple "off if ph is above 8.6 or something like that to protect. im new to apex so I want to be careful before I just go and change something and mess something up..

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can do that pretty easily. Go to the Advanced code for the ATO outlet, and add:

If pH > 8.6 Then OFF

Another good failsafe to have is if the salinity drops too low, which could indicate an error with either the pump or a sensor.

If Sal < 33.5 Then OFF

And if you don't already have it, another line to keep the ATO from running too often, in this example, not more than once an hour.

Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

OP
OP
t blackwell

t blackwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so just to be clear..all I need to do is paste that code in order...I might chage the sal one to a lower number as my probe has had some issues ..but paste it just as it is one line then the other under it..nothing else required? I can do that..thank you very much

OP
OP
t blackwell

t blackwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can do that pretty easily. Go to the Advanced code for the ATO outlet, and add:

If pH > 8.6 Then OFF

Another good failsafe to have is if the salinity drops too low, which could indicate an error with either the pump or a sensor.

If Sal < 33.5 Then OFF

And if you don't already have it, another line to keep the ATO from running too often, in this example, not more than once an hour.

Min Time 060:00 Then OFF
1 fallback on
2 set on
3 If pH > 8.6 Then OFF

like this? this is what i have under advanced for that outlet now...

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right, you can copy and paste the code, assuming the names of your probes match (pH probe is called 'pH', etc.)
You can definitely change the actual numbers to best fit your wishes.
In general, the order of Apex commands does matter, but in this case, as long as Fallback ON and Set ON are the first two lines, you will be ok.

Another good idea is to use an FMM module to add an extra optical sensor slightly higher than the Tunze built-in sensors, and then add the code:

If SumpHi CLOSED Then OFF

This will turn it off if the water level gets too high for any reason.

And you can add another optical sensor to the bottom of your RO/kalkwasser reservoir, and add the code:

If RODILo OPEN Then OFF

This will turn it off if your reservoir is empty.

Also a good idea to add alerts to your base_email outlet, so that you get a text or email when the conditions turn off your ATO.
For the conditions I've mentioned, the alert code lines would read:

If pH > 8.6 Then ON
If Sal < 33.5 Then ON
If SumpHi CLOSED Then ON
If RODILo OPEN Then ON

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 61 48.4%
  • Full frame

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 46 36.5%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back