Apex ATO program question??

Sturtzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I am thinking getting back into the hobby and thinking of purchasing the apexEL with the PMM module and the tunze ATO..

My questions are, once I get the water level where I want in my display i know the sensor is placed at the water level in return section of sump and i also want a sensor just above the water level in the overflow to alert me if overflow is clogged (I will drill holes at water level in the return to prevent any sort of flooding) would this be the correct program?

Fallback off
Set on
If output return pump = off then off
If Highsump = open then on
If highsump = closed then off
If overflow = closed then off
If lowsump = closed then off
Defer 5:00

My other question is what code will turn of my return pump if my overflow sensor is closed? Thank you

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Suncrest guide is great, explains it all. Here is what I use for my ATO. You don't need the low closed off statement because of the sequential logic.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Lowsump OPEN Then ON
If Highsump CLOSED Then OFF
If Overflow CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 002:00 Then OFF (This stops it from running more than 2 minutes)
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF (This only lets it kick on every 60 minutes)

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I am thinking getting back into the hobby and thinking of purchasing the apexEL with the PMM module and the tunze ATO..

My questions are, once I get the water level where I want in my display i know the sensor is placed at the water level in return section of sump and i also want a sensor just above the water level in the overflow to alert me if overflow is clogged (I will drill holes at water level in the return to prevent any sort of flooding) would this be the correct program?

Fallback off
Set on
If output return pump = off then off
If Highsump = open then on
If highsump = closed then off
If overflow = closed then off
If lowsump = closed then off
Defer 5:00

My other question is what code will turn of my return pump if my overflow sensor is closed? Thank you

To turn off the return pump, you need to add a line to the output where the return pump is plugged in:

If overflow CLOSED Then OFF

Here are a few comments about your other code above:
1. Inputs (such as your water level sensors) have a limit of 6 characters for the name. So you'll need to get creative with abbreviations, such as HiSump, LoSump, OvrFlo, etc.

2. The syntax for checking an Input does not use the = sign. Example:
If HiSump CLOSED Then OFF

3. Your ATO code above checks Highsump for both OPEN and CLOSED. This is unnecessary since your program begins with Set ON. You only need to use "If" conditions for situations where you want it to turn OFF.

4. The Defer command at the end is not complete. You need to specify if you want the delay to happen when turning ON or OFF:
Defer 005:00 Then ON

In addition to the tutorial link that @Biglew11 posted, be sure to read the other tutorials in my series: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/authors/suncrestreef.93940/

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back