Apex ATO system coming soon

Hemlawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the market for an Apex so I commented on one of Marine Depot's youtube videos. They said to hold off on buying the breakout box because Neptune is announcing a new ATO system that comes with everything we need. This is good news and makes things easier on rookies like me. :D

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely looking forward to the ATK!

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They already have everything you need: FMM, two optic sensors, and the ATO pump. Apex max package this in the future as a kit, but Apex, like most companies, like to make announcements long before they have a product ready for shipping.

If you already have an Apex, you don't need to wait. Just google how to setup an ATO using Apex optic sensor and pump.

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They already have everything you need: FMM, two optic sensors, and the ATO pump. Apex max package this in the future as a kit, but Apex, like most companies, like to make announcements long before they have a product ready for shipping.

If you already have an Apex, you don't need to wait. Just google how to setup an ATO using Apex optic sensor and pump.
Last I heard they're two weeks out from release. Lol we will see though...

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have just sold my Gold system and bought the (2016). These modules add up.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They already have everything you need: FMM, two optic sensors, and the ATO pump..

That is not everything you need. What about mounting the sensors? That's kind of an important part, right? ;)

The ATK comes with a magnetic mount for the optical sensors and more in a complete kit.

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not everything you need. What about mounting the sensors? That's kind of an important part, right? ;)

The ATK comes with a magnetic mount for the optical sensors and more in a complete kit.
...two weeks?

Hooloovoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine. Now I can finally get rid of the hokey ATO setup that came with my Red Sea Reefer. I've been holding out on ordering the Tunze because I knew this was right around the corner.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS Has them! Time to sell the Tunze!
Idunno - Tunze has an impressive track record - generally considered to be one of the best if not the best ATO system around. Currently the Apex ATK has no record. If I had a Tunze, I'd sit tight. There are plenty of examples of products that looked promising but then bombed, or had bugs that had to be worked out.

I was reading through the description, and Neptune says the ATK 'learns' the typical filling parameters of your tank and will limit the pump run time based on those, so if a typical top off fill takes 20 seconds it will not let the pump run more than 2x that or 40 seconds. Does anyone know if that can be adjusted or is it hardwired in the FMM? That seems a bit conservative. Not infrequently I come home and realize my tank is a half gallon down because the ATO reservoir has run dry. With the Tunze I just let it run until the sump is back up, but I'm not sure how I'd do that with the Neptune ATK.

Also, for those who have used the PMUP, how loud is it? My one complaint about the Tunze is that the pump is kind of noisy.

The ATK actually looks like a pretty good deal. You get a FMM module, 2 optical sensors, a PMUP pump, plus the associated hardware, and you have extra ports available on the FMM. Does anyone know if Neptune will be selling the magnetic holder/optical sensor setup separately for people who already have an Apex, and do the current FMMs already have the ATK capability?

Overall, this looks very promising, and if I had an Apex and needed an ATO setup I'd get one. For now, I have a very reliable Tunze, so I'll likely sit tight for the time being. Definitely interested in hearing about people's experiences.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATK actually looks like a pretty good deal. You get a FMM module, 2 optical sensors, a PMUP pump, plus the associated hardware, and you have extra ports available on the FMM. Does anyone know if Neptune will be selling the magnetic holder/optical sensor setup separately for people who already have an Apex, and do the current FMMs already have the ATK capability?

Overall, this looks very promising, and if I had an Apex and needed an ATO setup I'd get one.

Watch the video, you can see the separately available optical sensors with magnetic mounts. Every FMM could work as a standalone ATO controller with our sensors, however both due to cost and ease of use, the ATK is the best way to go. Here is the video:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch the video, you can see the separately available optical sensors with magnetic mounts. Every FMM could work as a standalone ATO controller with our sensors, however both due to cost and ease of use, the ATK is the best way to go. Here is the video:

Very nice system, makes me want to get one:)

Back