• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Apex Autofeeder Bracket

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Adjusting the design for 1 1/8" brace is not a problem. Were you thinking about the floating food ring too as in the picture?
No ring

TexanCanuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures help very much. I can adjust the bracket to fit with the screw holes positioned to go into the channel from below. Looks like center point is 1 1/2" from the edge?
Yes please!

I'd like two in black, without the floating feeder ring.

How do I pay you?

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a request for a food ring to work with the Euro Brace AFS holder. I think the design is done and have printed a prototype. Will work with existing holders if anyone is interested they will be $10 plus $4 shipping. Will float in the aquarium under the AFS. Will adjust to changing water level if return pump is slowed during feeding, up to a maximum of 4" distance between water level and top of the Euro Brace. Cad photo below. Will post actual photos when I get a final print and make sure it functions as intended.
IMG_4078[1].JPG

IMG_4078[1].JPG
Is this on Thingaverse or shared anywhere?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ever do one for a standard rim tank?
Yes I can do rimless or a tank with the standard plastic rim. I don't get many requests since the AFS bracket that comes with it designed for a vertical tank wall. I had a request for one that could be used to mount the AFS much higher than the rim.
IMG_4422[1].JPG

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have this and it works like a champ

ellisz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a canopy so being able to slip around the lip and being forward enough to allow the usb connection. Similar to the pic above but extend out vs up.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a canopy so being able to slip around the lip and being forward enough to allow the usb connection. Similar to the pic above but extend out vs up.
Ah I see what you are trying to do. Yes I can alter the design. Would need to know what distance you want from the back of the apex to the inside edge of the canopy.
I have two designs. The original holds the black bracket that comes with AFS and it just slips in on the sides. The AFS then connects to it. The newer version connects the AFS directly to my bracket.

How thick is your tank wall/rim? The usual bracket will fit over a 3/4" thick wall/brace but I can adjust if necessary.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New modification from a request. EuroBrace style tank with a screen top. AFS is raised 1" and shifted forward 1/2" to allow a screen top to slip between the AFS and the bracket attached to the EuroBrace. Pictured is the new version which connects the AFS directly to the bracket. AFS Bracket is still $17.99 shipping is now $4 as it's costing more than the $3 I was charging previously. Bracket is held onto tank brace with nylon screws from below (not pictured) Any questions or special requests contact me.
AFSEuroWscreen.jpg

ohioreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like one of your brackets in black. I'd like one that attaches directly to the AFS and would fit on a canopy. I believe your original design would work. The thickness of the wood is only like 1/4". I will attach a photo of where it sits.

Attachments

• AFS.jpg
    AFS.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 59

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mine is available for sale. They work well

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back