Apex being repaired and boy do I miss it.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Jr. is at Neptune for repair and I’ve really realized how much I’ve come to depend on it! The automation has made my life so much easier. Today I maintenanced the tank and had to unplug equipment individually and same with turning the lights on/off. Boy do I miss my Apex. Now I see why people won’t run a tank without one. I may be another week without it. Keep me in your thoughts. :eek:

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I felt like this when I went without an ATO for a stretch. I knew it was the definition of a first world problem but I was basically pulling my hair saying "how do people live like this!?!" :p

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt like this when I went without an ATO for a stretch. I knew it was the definition of a first world problem but I was basically pulling my hair saying "how do people live like this!?!" :p
Total first world problem but man. I actually had to use an API ph test. It’s somewhere between 7.8-8.0, lol

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like we are now completely dependent on GPS navigation.
I used to always know how to get anywhere, now I'm lost without a GPS.
I suppose it is still good to know how to do things manually in case the tech we depend on goes down.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like we are now completely dependent on GPS navigation.
I used to always know how to get anywhere, now I'm lost without a GPS.
I suppose it is still good to know how to do things manually in case the tech we depend on goes down.
It’s the loss of the accurate/ongoing info like temp and ph that’s the biggest loss for me. The pumps, skimmers, and lights can work in a surge protector. But the Alk dosing is a mess. :p

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Jr. is at Neptune for repair and I’ve really realized how much I’ve come to depend on it! The automation has made my life so much easier. Today I maintenanced the tank and had to unplug equipment individually and same with turning the lights on/off. Boy do I miss my Apex. Now I see why people won’t run a tank without one. I may be another week without it. Keep me in your thoughts. :eek:
By a full APEX and see what you can do

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back