Apex being repaired and boy do I miss it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
8,185
Reaction score
3,302
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Jr. is at Neptune for repair and I’ve really realized how much I’ve come to depend on it! The automation has made my life so much easier. Today I maintenanced the tank and had to unplug equipment individually and same with turning the lights on/off. Boy do I miss my Apex. Now I see why people won’t run a tank without one. I may be another week without it. Keep me in your thoughts. :eek:
 
I felt like this when I went without an ATO for a stretch. I knew it was the definition of a first world problem but I was basically pulling my hair saying "how do people live like this!?!" :p
 
I felt like this when I went without an ATO for a stretch. I knew it was the definition of a first world problem but I was basically pulling my hair saying "how do people live like this!?!" :p
Total first world problem but man. I actually had to use an API ph test. It’s somewhere between 7.8-8.0, lol
 
It's like we are now completely dependent on GPS navigation.
I used to always know how to get anywhere, now I'm lost without a GPS.
I suppose it is still good to know how to do things manually in case the tech we depend on goes down.
 
It's like we are now completely dependent on GPS navigation.
I used to always know how to get anywhere, now I'm lost without a GPS.
I suppose it is still good to know how to do things manually in case the tech we depend on goes down.
It’s the loss of the accurate/ongoing info like temp and ph that’s the biggest loss for me. The pumps, skimmers, and lights can work in a surge protector. But the Alk dosing is a mess. :p
 
My Jr. is at Neptune for repair and I’ve really realized how much I’ve come to depend on it! The automation has made my life so much easier. Today I maintenanced the tank and had to unplug equipment individually and same with turning the lights on/off. Boy do I miss my Apex. Now I see why people won’t run a tank without one. I may be another week without it. Keep me in your thoughts. :eek:
By a full APEX and see what you can do
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new