Apex browser takes forevre to load!!

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does the configuration page for the apex take a long time to load? i have cable modem and its pluged dirrect. apex has been loading up page for a good 5 min now..... havnt been on it for a bit and wanna make sure dont need to update. anything i can do to speed it up??

OP
OP
_Alex_

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also when i go to outlet configuration and under advanced the box to type the profiles is not showing up??? my white lights should have went off 12 minutes ago....

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the unit plugged into a dedicated 15 amp outlet? It needs to be on its on dedicated outlet with nothing else running off the circuit. U will get lag. I know mine did that on the actual apex display before running a dedicated circuit for the bar. I may be wrong in your case though.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine lags sometimes, but usually only for 5-10 seconds when connected locally. If it takes longer, I usually just refresh it and it comes right up. What do you mean you have a cable modem and its plugged direct?

CJ

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes mine takes a long time to load after logging in, if this happens I just close the browser and re-access it through a new window and it is moves at regular speed.

OP
OP
_Alex_

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its wired direct to my network sorry I was about to fall sleep when posting this last night. Sometimes when I close and reopen it works but it seems like the longer I'm on it and using it the slower it gets and that starts within first five minutes of it opening. Also when I try to update firmware on the vdm it changes the % my lights are running at, you can visually see it change. But the settings have not, it will do it everytime you hit update on the vdm.

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually close the browser window like stated above. I also started using a different browser than the one I noramlly surf with. I don't know if there is a memory issue with the browser or what. I surf with firefox and use IE for the apex, seems to have fixed it.

OP
OP
_Alex_

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its not connecting at all now after getting home from work.... been tring for a good 20 min now and can not get it to open up at all... have reset comp, modem, evrything but the apex itself. shoudl i call apex and see if they can connect to it?

Daimyo68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine connected to my router via CAT5.

I have the Apex system itself on a circiut that is also used for other things. I'm not sure about it having to be on a dedicated circiut, but I have never had any electrical issues.

So let me ask what browser you are using? I have used Firefox for a long time, but as of late (the last year or so) it loads the Apex pages extremely slow. I now use Internet Explorer when accessing the Apex. It loads right away

byron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an engineer I will say that I can see no case where having your Apex on a separate electrical circuit would affect its speed of response.

byron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you connected to it with an iPhone or iPad and if so, do you see any response lag though either of those apps. That's my normal method of connecting and don't see lags - I rarely use a PC.

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely agree that this has nothing to do with the page loading.

Like others have said, try using a browser that you don't normally use. I'm usually on Mozilla but I've noticed with google chrome it loads much faster. Try that, also I would save your settings and update. There's always a reason why they have the updates.

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power cycle cable modem, router, and apex, clear cache and cookies. Make sure that the cable modem is fully connected before plugging in the router. May take a few minutes. Plug in router and wait till its back up. Plug in any other things connected to router and reboot all pcs to make sure they have good ip addresses. Make sure you follow what i said precisely. If you are not sure if a piece of equipment is back online fully wait at least a full five minutes. Failure to do so could result in equipment getting incorrect ips or the error ip. You will know something is wrong if the ip starts with 169.

Tank thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81000

LG P999 EaglesBlood 2.8, Trinity ELPmax

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Systems Engineer here. There are multiple things that you can test to see what the issues are. First I would ping the url and see if you have timeouts or latency this would mean you have something wrong with your physical or network. Did you replace the cat 5 is it purchased or did you make it? Did you validate the IP and subnet mask? If your getting timeouts I would look at the switch and router. Did you try to access it direct by IP. Perhaps your DNS is not resoving quick enough. What is the experience when you telnet is it also slow? If you dont know how to telnet you add the telent client by going to add and remove windows programms. Once the client is installed go to your command prompt and type telnet ipaddress of apex and you can connect to the controller over the telnet protocal. This will rule out a protocal based issue.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 88 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back