Apex Ca-Rx program question

kris2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

This is my code for the Ca-Rx co2 . My DT-pH during night drops to 7.8 . I have this logic of if DT-pH < 8 OFF. Can't remember from where I copied it LOL.

Due to this sometimes my Ca-Rx-pH shoots up and then comes down when DT-pH goes > 8. Thinking about changing this to if DT-pH < 7 OFF....since <7 is very low for DT !

Some reefers do not code this condition at all .

How important is the condition ? (if DT-pH < x then OFF )

Screenshot_20210827-163351_APEX Fusion.jpg Screenshot_20210827-163411_APEX Fusion.jpg

renzema

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't have the CO2 turn off if display is under a specific PH personally. That just creates a situation where you CaRx ph will rise until the tank gets above the threshold. Then it will start dumping CO2 in the reactor for a long time and some will be off gassed into the tank.

This is just my preference but I keep my drip slower and ph lower so the effluent has a higher DKH and not as much effluent goes into the tank. On top of that I tune my reactor to just enough CO2 bubbles to lower the ph over a long period, takes about hour to drop .05 ph. That way it is absorbed into the reactor and not just dumped into the tank.

How I deal with CO2 and lower ph from a CaRx is a line on my skimmer to pull fresher air into the sump and gas out the CO2. the drip line drops into the fuge then into the skimmer chamber.

With the above method my tank stays around 8.3 during the day and only drops to 8.2 at night. Even in the winter with all the windows closed up.

One last thing that is a very tight window of ph and it will cause the regulator to be clicking on and off constantly.

Edit: Just to add I don't change my drip rate or bubble count often if ever. If I need my dkh, I drop my ph just a little bit.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back