Help with Pest ID?

fourty9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm a new reefer and I just got a hammer frag yesterday from my LFS. Before introducing to my DT I dipped with Coral RX for 5-7 minutes. During the dip I stirred the solution and blasted the frag with a turkey baster to try to get everything off. This morning I took a look and saw this orange thing on the side of the frag. Is this planaria? I thought Coral RX was supposed to kill planaria?

Also is that a new head/tentacle forming right above the orange thing?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Water Params:
24 Gal Cube
NH3: 0
NO2: 0
NO3: 33
CA: 450
Alk: 5.8
Mag: 1380
PO4: 0.03
Salinity: 1.025
pH: 7.8

image_6487327.JPG

OP
OP
fourty9

fourty9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very hard to see the "orange thing". Does it move?
Sorry I only have my phone to take a picture and it's probably not doing a great job. Is this one a bit more clear? But no it doesn't seem to move. Seems like it's been stationary.

As for the alk only being 5.8, yes... I'm not sure if I'm testing it incorrectly? I have a hanna checker for Alk. I got my water from my LFS and only recently started creating my own salt water with reef crystals. Since I've started making my own salt water and doing water changes it's been on the rise. Originally when it was only LFS water it was closer to 5.0 alk. Should I be doing a larger change to get that up?

Attachments

• image_67220993.JPG
    image_67220993.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
fourty9

fourty9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, continue as you are - you don't want to make any extreme changes. Bring up the Alk slowly as you are.
Thanks for the reassurance as everything seems to be fine (for now). Of course if things start to go south I'll look for other options. Do you have any thoughts about my "orange spot" that I'm seeing? Am I just unnecessarily freaking out?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back