Help with Pest (maybe?) ID?

fourty9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm a new reefer and I just got a hammer frag yesterday from my LFS. Before introducing to my DT I dipped with Coral RX for 5-7 minutes. During the dip I stirred the solution and blasted the frag with a turkey baster to try to get everything off. This morning I took a look and saw this orange thing on the side of the frag. Is this planaria? I thought Coral RX was supposed to kill planaria?

Also is that a new head/tentacle forming right above the orange thing?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Water Params:
24 Gal Cube
NH3: 0
NO2: 0
NO3: 33
CA: 450
Alk: 5.8
Mag: 1380
PO4: 0.03
Salinity: 1.025
pH: 7.8

image_6487327.JPG

OP
OP
fourty9

fourty9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it moving? Are you able to get any better photos? Try shining a flashlight at it while taking the photo
No, it doesnt seem to move. It hasnt moved from that spot all day. Here might be a better photo?

Attachments

• IMG_7851.jpeg
    IMG_7851.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 28

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe just a bit of sponge? If it's not moving (also check at night) it is not likely to be a predator. You could try touching it and seeing what kind of texture it had and whether or not there was any kind of reaction, but it's small enough that it may be hard to tell.

OP
OP
fourty9

fourty9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe just a bit of sponge? If it's not moving (also check at night) it is not likely to be a predator. You could try touching it and seeing what kind of texture it had and whether or not there was any kind of reaction, but it's small enough that it may be hard to tell.
It's not moving at all and hasn't moved since I saw it yesterday. Maybe I'll just let it go... As gtguy256 said, could just be coralline algae that's lightened? I'll keep an eye on it to see if anything moves or even grows larger. Thanks for the help!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back