Apex Classic Flashing Yellow Status Light

  • Thread starter Thread starter PaulPerger
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PaulPerger

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
427
Reaction score
547
Location
Lewis Center, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I purchased an Apex Classic from a fellow member here at R2R, and I watched set up videos and set it up, and set up my Fusion account and was getting excited to start moving things over from power strips to the Apex and writing code, etc.

I noticed a red "!" that indicated the unit was running an outdated set of firmware and there was a suggestion that I update it. So I did. The firmware update was a bit slower than I thought it would be. It took about 15 minutes, and occassionally it showed that a packet had to be resent, but it eventually loaded all 120 packets and now the Apex is flashing a Yellow Status light and is not communicating with Fusion, the display screen is blank, and to say I am frustrated is an understatement!

Right now I don't know if I am glad I tried to do the update before programming everything, or ticked that I now can't communicate with the Apex at all. Every help route I find on the Neptune website says that I should have a Green light and an Orange light on my ethernet connection (which I do) and a green Status light (which I don't). There seems to be no option for what to do if the Status light is yellow except to update the firmware, which is what I did that seems to have CAUSED the yellow flashing light. Again, everything seemed to be working just fine before I tried to update the firmware!

Can someone please help...
Thanks for reading my rant/cry for help...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new