Apex classic resetting with network disruption

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I've noticed that if my router is having issues or I connect something new to the router that my apex starts having issues. It's not consistent but every 10 mins to an hour it will completely restart my apex. Like my whole tank shuts off including my return pump and then quickly turns back on. Im going on vacation soon so of course it starts acting up again since adding some new wyze cameras to the network.

Anyone have the same problem before? If my return is set to Fallback ON why would this happen? Can anyone help me out in the next 24 hours?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Apex firmware are you running? In August 2019 Neptune released a new firmware version for the Apex Classic that corrected a problem where Apex Classics were randomly rebooting due to specific network conditions. If you're not running version 4.53_4D19, then you need to update the firmware. See: https://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/

OP
OP
BAUCE

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Apex firmware are you running? In August 2019 Neptune released a new firmware version for the Apex Classic that corrected a problem where Apex Classics were randomly rebooting due to specific network conditions. If you're not running version 4.53_4D19, then you need to update the firmware. See: https://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/
Im running 4.53 AB17 Is that an older firmware Im on?

Also the digital screen for the apex went out during all of this and hasnt worked in months. Can I update without that screen and just through fusion? I appreciate the help!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your version is from 2017 (the last 2 digits of the version number is the year of release). The current release is from 2019.

You should be able to update the firmware without your Display module. If your Apex is configured with DHCP, you can just skip to step 6 in the instructions:

OP
OP
BAUCE

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your version is from 2017 (the last 2 digits of the version number is the year of release). The current release is from 2019.

You should be able to update the firmware without your Display module. If your Apex is configured with DHCP, you can just skip to step 6 in the instructions:
Im assuming this means that DHCP is not on. Is there no other way to enable it other than through the display?
YYrMqfe.png

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DHCP does not appear to be a problem since the update utility found your Apex at 192.168.4.42.

You can access the Apex from your computer by browsing to http://192.168.4.42 without the Display.

Perhaps the update is being blocked by your computer’s security software?

OP
OP
BAUCE

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DHCP does not appear to be a problem since the update utility found your Apex at 192.168.4.42.

You can access the Apex from your computer by browsing to http://192.168.4.42 without the Display.

Perhaps the update is being blocked by your computer’s security software?
you would be correct. I managed to get it updated after turning off some software on my Eero router.

Im now connected to the module setup on the old web interface and Im trying to update the firmware on the display. I now have 29 display modules from unplugging it? Anyways I went through about half of them and tried updating but nothing seems to have changed? Have any experience with this? sorry I know this is a different question

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you would be correct. I managed to get it updated after turning off some software on my Eero router.

Im now connected to the module setup on the old web interface and Im trying to update the firmware on the display. I now have 29 display modules from unplugging it? Anyways I went through about half of them and tried updating but nothing seems to have changed? Have any experience with this? sorry I know this is a different question

I have not heard of that problem. I'd delete all the phantom modules, then reboot the Apex. Then try reconnecting the Display module to see if it's detected properly.

OP
OP
BAUCE

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not heard of that problem. I'd delete all the phantom modules, then reboot the Apex. Then try reconnecting the Display module to see if it's detected properly.
That did it! Thanks for all the help. I was getting nervous with leaving the apex as it was during my trip.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That did it! Thanks for all the help. I was getting nervous with leaving the apex as it was during my trip.

Excellent! Glad to help.

Enjoy your vacation. Hopefully you're going somewhere fun.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back