Need it to be turn on when temp is 73 and off when temp is 77

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't remember exactly how the apex language looks but it will be something like this;

Temp > 77 OFF
Temp < 73 ON

By the way, why such a wide temp range? Make sure your heater temp is set higher then 77 (maybe 79) otherwise the heater will turn itself off...

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't remember exactly how the apex language looks but it will be something like this;

Temp > 77 OFF
Temp < 73 ON

By the way, why such a wide temp range? Make sure your heater temp is set higher then 77 (maybe 79) otherwise the heater will turn itself off...

I would go a little further than that and make the code:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Temp < 73.0 Then ON
If Temp > 77.0 Then OFF
Defer 002:00 Then ON
Defer 001:30 Then OFF
If Temp < 70.0 Then OFF

This way if your DC8 comes detached from your apex module your heater won't be on 24/7. The defer also makes sure your heater isn't switching on and off constantly due to any weird temporary temp changes. Having the temp set to below 70 off means that if your temp probe malfunctions or detaches from the module for some reason your heater isn't on longer than it is supposed to be cooking your tank.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go a little further than that and make the code:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Temp < 73.0 Then ON
If Temp > 77.0 Then OFF
Defer 002:00 Then ON
Defer 001:30 Then OFF
If Temp < 70.0 Then OFF

This way if your DC8 comes detached from your apex module your heater won't be on 24/7. The defer also makes sure your heater isn't switching on and off constantly due to any weird temporary temp changes. Having the temp set to below 70 off means that if your temp probe malfunctions or detaches from the module for some reason your heater isn't on longer than it is supposed to be cooking your tank.

Yeah that is better, I haven't had to program anything in my apex in a while and was to lazy to log in and see what my heater programming looked like...this is very similar to mine.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back