Apex-compatible return pump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rovert
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rovert

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2022
Messages
369
Reaction score
282
Location
Lords Valley, PA
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
have a DC return pump that's developed a buzzing noise and often sounds like it's 'hunting' in RPM, which is usually a signal of problems ahead. Even if it's repairable, having a new pump online with this as a backup makes sense.

I'd want to replace it with another DC pump, but one that can be controlled by an Apex or WaveEngine. I've seen the COR will work with Apex (obviously) but there are other very fine units out there also. Quietness is important. Can any of you make a recommendation?

Tank is about 200g total volume with a 3/4 return line.
 
im running dual sicce SDC9.0s on my 220 from 40-45%, basically silent. However, i use the app control and wont hook them into a controller for fear of controller failure. App is actually pretty decent.
 
Neptune:
Cor 15
Cor 20

Sicce
Syncra SDC 6.0 or 7.0 (please verify though first but I know their xstream and sdc lines use iota)

Royal Exclusive (additional add on, not native)
Abyzz (additional add on, not native)
 
have a DC return pump that's developed a buzzing noise and often sounds like it's 'hunting' in RPM, which is usually a signal of problems ahead. Even if it's repairable, having a new pump online with this as a backup makes sense.

I'd want to replace it with another DC pump, but one that can be controlled by an Apex or WaveEngine. I've seen the COR will work with Apex (obviously) but there are other very fine units out there also. Quietness is important. Can any of you make a recommendation?

Tank is about 200g total volume with a 3/4 return line.

I have a similar size tank and run the COR20, no issues going on 18months and I have cleaned it once, basically at the 1 year mark.
 
I heard the VarioS pumps were good, also. Any opinion on those? They're supposed to be quiet.
I ran one on my last tank a 120g which was overkill, but it certainly was a very good pump, still running at my friends who took the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new