APEX COR15 issues

ArnoldosAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Eheim pump was finally dying… The biggest sign was the decreased water level.

I bought a COR15 for a 75g display. It’s so quiet!!!

However….
The only difference in the install is that I added a manifold for my water chiller and reactor, thereby getting rid of the 2nd pump. They are both in line to each other to a half inch tube.

The water line is the same as the “bad” Eheim.

I am in the middle of the set up process and it says to slowly adjust the flow until I get the desired water level. It’s all the way up!

I don’t want to restrict the flow to the chiller for obvious reasons…

It’s an older Deep Blue. The return is 3/4” (and changing that to 1” isn’t an option) and the drain is 1”.

Because it’s an older tank there is no second emergency drain.

**update: Weir brought up, RFG removed (it was an older style), inlet checked and chiller outlet set to 50%.

It barely went up ¼”.

I went from pump to check valve to to 2’ tube . Filled 5 gallons in 30 seconds in 32 seconds.

That’s barely 600GPH. Either the check valve is bad or the pump is. Which is crap because this is the replacement pump. (First one came in used. Coral Bargain Warehouse wasted no time and made things right and got me a replacement pump. Buying local rocks!!)

Update 2: valve opens with zero resistance. 

7AF4BA94-E6B0-4F2D-B93A-661DE4C96728.jpeg 33C9B62D-51CE-4181-B5D9-634A1299403B.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4664.MP4
    4.2 MB

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running 3/4 from the pump to the return? You can increase the pvc to 1 inch and then reduce it down to 3/4 at the return section.

OP
OP
ArnoldosAquariums

ArnoldosAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running 3/4 from the pump to the return? You can increase the pvc to 1 inch and then reduce it down to 3/4 at the return section.
There’s no reason to do that… I had the water level at a proper level with the same plumbing before…?

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a hard time following all this but 600 gph is probably all that you can get out of that pump with 3/4" plumbing. I am not sure why you think your pump is bad. You added the chiller and reactor loads to the pump which likely reduced the flow to your tank.

OP
OP
ArnoldosAquariums

ArnoldosAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a hard time following all this but 600 gph is probably all that you can get out of that pump with 3/4" plumbing. I am not sure why you think your pump is bad. You added the chiller and reactor loads to the pump which likely reduced the flow to your tank.

It was 600 out of the pump itself WITH no manifold.

However, it's been fixed. A quick update *and* had to upgrade to 1.25". IMO, Neptune needs to stop saying these work with ¾" because after seeing the use in 24 hours, the back pressure was too much.

All seems better now!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back