Apex - Different Timing for Notifications

Black_Electric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

New to the community, and have been using an APEX on my Waterbox 130.4 for a year now. I decided to come out of the woodwork to ask a question regarding the Apex. Had asked the same on Neptune Systems forum with no response.

Out of desire to limit nuisance push notifications I have started getting into virtual outputs to help configure notification timing, now I can delay a notification on a clogged filter for a couple days and only have it remind me once every 24 hrs instead of every 60 minutes, wonderful!. (Huge shout out to John Halsey for putting together this write up!)

The solution isn't perfect though, I can get the notifications to turn on after some amount of delay, and turn off after say, 20 minutes after my pH was detected high for example, but the problem is, if I don't read the notification in that 20 minute interval, the alarm turns off, which prevents me from reading the push notification to understand what the problem was. And if I don't turn the virtual output off, then I will get repeated notifications for it every hour.

For some alarms like temperature, I want to recieve nags every hour, but for things like a clogged filter, I may only want reminders once every 24hrs, but would like a solution that displays the notification once, without having to disable the notification alarm until the problem is fixed, and without having to recieve notifications on the default interval.

I have shared some of my code below. Recommendations are welcome, and this post comes with a feature request: There should be an option in if statements, at least in the alarms programming, to set an interval for notification resends depending on the triggering condition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My code for the notification alarm (still in progress of converting to virtual outputs):

Set OFF
If Output n_Filter = ON Then ON
If Temp > 80.3 Then ON
If Temp < 78.0 Then ON
If Output n_pH_High = ON Then ON
If Output n_pH_Low = ON Then ON
If ORP > 500 Then ON
If ORP < 200 Then ON
If SumpLL > 11.2 Then ON
If SumpLL < 10.7 Then ON
If ATOLVL < 2.0 Then ON
If FeedA 001 Then OFF
If FeedB 001 Then OFF
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 180 Then OFF
If Flood CLOSED Then ON

My code for the pH high notification (n_pH_High). If pH is above upper limit, turn on. Immidiately after, the repeat interval indicator (r_pH_High) turns on to disable the notification after 20 minutes (before repeat notification after one hour). The repeat indicator causes the repeat timer one (rt1_pH_High) to turn on after 12 hours to shoot me another reminder notification unless the condition was fixed. The timer gets reset when the notification outout goes on, so it will repeatedly send notifications every 12 hours. Then there is a second upper limit threshold (UAL) that causes the high pH notification to stay on if it ever gets that high.

Set OFF
If Output x_pH_UL = ON Then ON
If Output r_pH_High = ON Then OFF
If Output rt1_pH_High = ON Then ON
If Output x_pH_UAL = ON Then ON
Defer 020:00 Then OFF

But of course, each time the output turns off, I get a notification that the alarm turned off even though the condition wasn't fixed.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1685053802142.png

OP
OP
B

Black_Electric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On suggestion from another member here, I have set some of the alarms under different "Time Priorities" where I only recieve notifications for certain conditions during certain parts of the day.

E.g. if I only want to hear about a clogged filter before I leave for work, I set thebfilter at the beginning of the code, and then put this statement after:

If Time 9:00 to 18:00 Then Off

This way, any notifications that come before this statement will be ignored while I am at work, while other notifications after I will still be able to see, like temp sensor out of range.

Still not quite the solution I want, but it's a step in the right direction.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back