Apex digital switch

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone, hope all is well. I have a question regarding my apex. I have a couple of dos’s connected to the apex , two of them seem to be working fine. Yesterday I noticed my mg was dropping and went to check if the do’s was working. It said it was dosing but nothing was getting dosed. I manually pressed the button controlling the head and it turned blue, as it should but, the motor wasn’t spinning. As I checked on my apex dashboard all seemed normal but, one of the digital switches that controls that particular dos was open. My question is can an open digital switch prevent the dos from functioning properly and is there any way I can manually close that switch on the dashboard? Thanks for taking the time to hear me out and any help will be greatly appreciated. Happy reefing!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the button on the physical unit doesn’t work, there is a hardware problem I believe.

OP
OP
E

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I was thinking also, just hoped I could fix it by myself but, I’m going to write a ticket to Neptune . Thanks for the quick response

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your DOS is connected via AquaBus and a power adapter, but the power adapter isn't supplying power, then the DOS lights will still work but the pumps won't run. I just confirmed this on my DOS by unplugging the power supply, then pressing the priming button. The light turned blue, but the pump didn't turn.

Check that your power supply plug is firmly seated in the DOS, and that the electrical outlet it's plugged into is live. Hopefully you don't have the power adapter plugged into an EnergyBar outlet.

OP
OP
E

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dos get power through a link cable . One side of the dos works fine but, on the other the dos pump doesn’t slun

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue - accidentally knocked out the DOS power supply when cleaning enough to break the circuit. No alerts from Apex, it thought everything was good.

I think this is something Neptune could improve. Surely a DOS unit which has a live Aquabus connection but no power to the pump could generate an ‘on error’ condition.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back