Apex DIY led build help

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I have been asked to present this experiment at a conference in march so now I reall have to get my booty in gear I was wondering if i could get one of you
Who has the DIY led to the apex to hook me up with the profile and outlet set up ( this will save me a bunch of time ) I have two channel dimming but my problem is I have no idea how to do the sunrise then stay on at 50% for the blues and 30% for the whites then at 1030pm begging to ramp down till off . Please o led Jedi masters help !

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I have been asked to present this experiment at a conference in march so now I reall have to get my booty in gear I was wondering if i could get one of you
Who has the DIY led to the apex to hook me up with the profile and outlet set up ( this will save me a bunch of time ) I have two channel dimming but my problem is I have no idea how to do the sunrise then stay on at 50% for the blues and 30% for the whites then at 1030pm begging to ramp down till off . Please o led Jedi masters help !

I will Try, But I'm no expert and whatever i say wrong Rick can correct. In the Profile section you will see ramp time you add the time you want it to take to go from 0% to 50% IE 60min,90min 15min Etc As for the % of power you set the Max setting and the start setting in your case at 10%-50% and the start time and end time.
Example Light on at 9:00AM Ramp up time 90Min (10:30) your at the 50% you chose then select ramp down time Off 9:00PM Ramp Down time 90min from 50%-0% = lights off at 10:30 This is just an example and you will choose as to how long your lights stay on in total including ramp up and ramp down.
This may need to be done in seperate locations on the Apex, Im not positive on this part.
Bill
PS Go easy on me Rick!

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just finished doing this with 10 drivers. I will send you a pm with my number and get you taken care of tonight.

stevenhman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've actually been rather impressed with the Reef Angel. The RA handles dimming (sunrise/sunset) with a PWM slope function and can also do your regular variety of dimming- I'm not a pro at programming, but their forum is really helpful.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back