Apex dos triden

aerialdronemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys
I still don't understand the whole trident and dos scenario.

So my actual ALK s 10.34. Tested by trident
My desired value is 9.0
I have it configure to dose 2ml over 24h in dos
The range us 0.5, so basiy the trident won't control it and the dos will be dosing 2ml over 24 hours correct?
If the ALk goes down and it will be in Trident range , they trident all be controlling it again correct?

Then the cloud i CA is 435 , tested by trident.
Range is 50 and desired value is 420. So it is still in the range. The max value is 470.
Why is the trident dosing if the tested value is above the desired value ? It is keep going up.

It doest make aby sense for me.
My testing it schedule to 4 tines in 24h. I think it should be tested more often to let trident adjust the dos more often ?

I read the manual, but this is still confusing

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe your assumption on Alk is correct. I run tridents on 2 of my tanks. On the 1 that controls my DOS I have noticed that it does everything very slowly. I would expect that the daily dosing of CA will be reduced slowly until it gets within range and then hold it in a reasonable range around the target.

OP
OP
A

aerialdronemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe your assumption on Alk is correct. I run tridents on 2 of my tanks. On the 1 that controls my DOS I have noticed that it does everything very slowly. I would expect that the daily dosing of CA will be reduced slowly until it gets within range and then hold it in a reasonable range around the target.
But it doesn't correct? If it is over the range it will stop controlling it, and start dosing default dose , it is kinda useless. It should stop dosing if it is o er the limit .

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But it doesn't correct? If it is over the range it will stop controlling it, and start dosing default dose , it is kinda useless. It should stop dosing if it is o er the limit .
Is the total it is dosing going down some each day And is the amount it is dosing higher than the minimum set?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident Controlled Dosing is not intended to correct large differences in parameters. It's up to you to determine the daily consumption to maintain a steady level. Then the Trident can make minor changes to the dosing schedule to maintain that level. But Neptune only recommends a max of 0.4 dKH. If the Trident test is outside the limit you specify, it will stop adjusting the DOS and just let it deliver the base amount you specified.

You should disable Trident Controlled Dosing until you have your levels stable at the 9.0 you want, and figure out how much dosing is needed daily to maintain that. Then enter that value into the Task to set it up again.

Back