Apex eb832 Humming/Whirring

  • Thread starter Thread starter SpyC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Messages
1,557
Reaction score
1,228
Location
MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I updated my apex to the latest version a few days ago and since then I have a constant humming or whirring coming from my eb832. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this actually the eb832 failing and the update is coincidence? It almost sounds like the tiny cheapo fan in it is spinning at 100% 24/7. Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this?
 
Do you happen to know the fan size and if it is 3 or 4 pin?
 
I opened a ticket with Neptune because I lost the graphs after the update. They said there is an issue with the brain that is also causing the fan to spin non stop. They are sending me a new unit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new