APEX EB832 Voltage Warning & Plug wouldn't turn off

  • Thread starter Thread starter DoctaReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DoctaReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2018
Messages
294
Reaction score
181
Location
Connecticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tonight I went to check the tanks before bed and found my QT tank light still on. A quick look at my Apex dashboard showed a Red (!) flashing with a Voltage Warning. Looking at the EB832, I could see that all the plug indicator lights were working normally when I turned them on and off from the dashboard, and the devices all turned on and off with the indicator lights, except the QT light stayed on, even when the Indicator light on the EB832 was off.
I upgraded the firmware on the Apex- didn't fix it.
Checked the firmware on the EB832- Up to date.
Unplugged the system completely, then plugged it back in...problem appears to be solved.

This got me thinking:
1) Is the EB832 faulty, and should I be worried? (Its about 6 months old)
2) The most troubling issue is that the QT light stayed on, even when I switched the outlet off on the dashboard, and the indicator light was off. If that can occur, then my whole "Water on the floor monitors and float and optical sensors will shut the tank off in case of emergency" plan has a big hole.

Thoughts?
 
Did you ever get a reply to your message?
 
So tonight I went to check the tanks before bed and found my QT tank light still on. A quick look at my Apex dashboard showed a Red (!) flashing with a Voltage Warning. Looking at the EB832, I could see that all the plug indicator lights were working normally when I turned them on and off from the dashboard, and the devices all turned on and off with the indicator lights, except the QT light stayed on, even when the Indicator light on the EB832 was off.
I upgraded the firmware on the Apex- didn't fix it.
Checked the firmware on the EB832- Up to date.
Unplugged the system completely, then plugged it back in...problem appears to be solved.

This got me thinking:
1) Is the EB832 faulty, and should I be worried? (Its about 6 months old)
2) The most troubling issue is that the QT light stayed on, even when I switched the outlet off on the dashboard, and the indicator light was off. If that can occur, then my whole "Water on the floor monitors and float and optical sensors will shut the tank off in case of emergency" plan has a big hole.

Thoughts?
You should call apex and ask them to diagnose your system. From personal experience it’s a problem
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new