Apex EL Aquarium Monitor - BRS Special Edition.

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a limited time run or is this something that be normal stock? I almost want to jump on the bandwagon here just so that I have an updated apex

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a limited time run or is this something that be normal stock? I almost want to jump on the bandwagon here just so that I have an updated apex
On the cast they mentioned like 150 or 250 were made and they arent sure yet where they are going with it. I imagine if they sell well they would consider making it a norm.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150 were made

I would not be pulled in by that. Neptune is not going to pass up a buck and trust me if this thing was going to be a Limited Edition Package, they would have said so!
BRS probably did not want to buy more than 150 at a time. I am sure as soon as they run out more will be on the way.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not be pulled in by that. Neptune is not going to pass up a buck and trust me if this thing was going to be a Limited Edition Package, they would have said so!
BRS probably did not want to buy more than 150 at a time. I am sure as soon as they run out more will be on the way.

Im not as confident- there were only ~150 float brackets made for the BRS special edition. I don’t know if they will request more atm- waiting to see.

Last edited:

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think you are right and I don't want you to be. As well as neptune not wanting to "devalue the EL"? I mean if you bought one for 400 and then here this thing is for 250.... with extra parts. I mean id be tilted.

We know that the float brackets where a small un made by a person not a company.

I caught the video by neptune to late and they were sold out already. I was ready to buy one. 250 bucks to monitor and have the ability to ad on later is invaluable to me. I hope they release this again. With or without the float (I have an ATO) but i'm sure could use the float switches for something.

I hope Neptune releases there is a market that is untapped. I'm not dropping 400-1000 on brains and parts but Ill pay to get into the system and continue from there for my needs.

I'm hopeful.

jamie456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one right after watching the video. $500 for the apex was a kinda big buy in for another gadget I might use or might not. But $250 for the brain was a no brainer. Also it’s like eating the elephant I didn’t want to eat it all at once but a bite at a time is ok. Now I’m looking at an eb8 or I need an ato so why not the apex ato. Great marketing and an easier way to get into the eco system for someone on the fence like I was.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one right after watching the video. $500 for the apex was a kinda big buy in for another gadget I might use or might not. But $250 for the brain was a no brainer. Also it’s like eating the elephant I didn’t want to eat it all at once but a bite at a time is ok. Now I’m looking at an eb8 or I need an ato so why not the apex ato. Great marketing and an easier way to get into the eco system for someone on the fence like I was.

I will take a bet with you that you that within a week of getting it you will be thinking about an EB8.
Then as you research it further your going to buy an EB832. I love the marketing with this deal. Just about everybody is going to spend the $500 plus, it's just that your doing it in two parts a few weeks apart.

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will take a bet with you that you that within a week of getting it you will be thinking about an EB8.
Then as you research it further your going to buy an EB832. I love the marketing with this deal. Just about everybody is going to spend the $500 plus, it's just that your doing it in two parts a few weeks apart.

I agree. I would almost have to buy a 4 bar for some type of logic and control.

After sleeping on this and not getting one I'm glad.

I know at some point I would get a duos and a trident. Which got me looking last night at reef pi which could be fun. And GHL I have looked there stuff. So I guess for now I will continue to wait and test like normal. I really want to know what my temp is in my tank and of I need to do something about it. Everything else for me right this second isn't as important. For now ...

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a new build and spent a lot of money getting the tank wet. I need to take it easy for a few months (spending), but I really want a controller. Monitoring temp and water level (and hopefully getting alerts on my phone) would be a huge value. If I’m planning on going full blown Apex down the road, is there any reason not to start with this version? The way I see it is I can get my feet wet with the ApexEL at a reasonable price and upgrade as needed. Agree or disagree?
i am in nearly the same situation and wondering the same. Ive gotten a little out of hand dropping those stacks.

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the entry level monitoring bit, but I am really disgusted that it is a BRS Special Edition Super-exclusive run and my opinion on where the hobby is trending.
[/QUOTE
So you think companies are going to head towards small batch production leaning towards cooperative marketing or whatever? What makes you think this way? I just want to know what ive been missing lol

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you think companies are going to head towards small batch production leaning towards cooperative marketing or whatever? What makes you think this way? I just want to know what ive been missing lol

I believe that a larger run of this "exclusive" will be or was announced. I also feel that it further drives label based business practices in the hobby.

Chipp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering the same thing:

Now, for me (an Apex user), I don't see why I would just want to "monitor" without also getting the Alex's help fixing.

Imagine this scenario:

You are on vacation and walk past a TV playing the news, on the screen you can see your neighborhood is on fire with it quickly approaching your house, you have no cell signal, no way to call the Fire Department (or maybe turn on those Alexa controlled.sprinklers), nothing you can do to help save your house, all you can do is watch and "monitor".

Am I missing something?

So you would rather find out your house is burnt to the ground when you pull into your driveway after vacation?

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm......
1580860550591.png

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are right and I don't want you to be. As well as neptune not wanting to "devalue the EL"? I mean if you bought one for 400 and then here this thing is for 250.... with extra parts. I mean id be tilted.

Not clear how the BRS exclusive (for now) 'devalues' the EL? OK, you end up with a couple of float switches and the bracket for 'free', but the $250 difference is really just no EB832 …. which you can buy later on for $250 to get you to the full EL. I think it was pretty smart, particularly if it sold out of 150 in such a short period of time.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back