Apex Energy Bar 832

james stanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is is advisable to plug the Energy Bar 832 into a surge protector although it has a 15 Amp circuit breaker for over-current protection? If so, any particular model recommend (e.g. P3 Kill a Watt 10?)

Thanks!

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have plugged into a surge protector never thought of it not doing anything else. I just plug it into a plain old one that goes into a gfci outlet

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO most surge suppressors are borderline useless. Research the model you're interested in as it makes a big difference. I'm more a fan of putting in a whole house one in the main panel like one by Eaton. More expensive up front perhaps but not by much if you end up buying multiple ones for different locations and it should have a much better chance of being able to do it's job when the time comes.

OP
OP
james stanford

james stanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO most surge suppressors are borderline useless. Research the model you're interested in as it makes a big difference. I'm more a fan of putting in a whole house one in the main panel like one by Eaton. More expensive up front perhaps but not by much if you end up buying multiple ones for different locations and it should have a much better chance of being able to do it's job when the time comes.

Thanks!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back