apex energy bar Failure after years, need temp help !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kawamike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys , so i have now a dead energy bar and need to get something sorted while my new one comes in , Neptune guys are great ! their sending me one at half price, but my trouble is lights and wave pumps, everything else i can sort , (cal reactor ,heater, fuge light , etc)
i have 2 xr30 radions and 2 mp40 vortechs controlled by the apex WXM module, which apparently won't work with just a power supply to the apex , i can't work it out , but i unplug and replug the mp40s and they work for about a minute then shut off with no lights on the pump modules, the small power light is on the radion control box but lights won't come on, without the WXM on the lights and pumps won't run the programs within them???? i'm in very much a bind as with no lights and no water movement within the tank, i'm going to lose this tank !
next step is a ReefLink for the ecotech lights and pumps but that will be a week as well, or run the lights and pumps with the ecotech "connection manager" i'm strugging how to figure out how to do this , any help please,

thanks for your time , mike,

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d factory reset the Ecotech stuff to restore flow and light using connection manager. You’ll want to save your code first just to make it easy to redo later.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys , so i have now a dead energy bar and need to get something sorted while my new one comes in , Neptune guys are great ! their sending me one at half price, but my trouble is lights and wave pumps, everything else i can sort , (cal reactor ,heater, fuge light , etc)
i have 2 xr30 radions and 2 mp40 vortechs controlled by the apex WXM module, which apparently won't work with just a power supply to the apex , i can't work it out , but i unplug and replug the mp40s and they work for about a minute then shut off with no lights on the pump modules, the small power light is on the radion control box but lights won't come on, without the WXM on the lights and pumps won't run the programs within them???? i'm in very much a bind as with no lights and no water movement within the tank, i'm going to lose this tank !
next step is a ReefLink for the ecotech lights and pumps but that will be a week as well, or run the lights and pumps with the ecotech "connection manager" i'm strugging how to figure out how to do this , any help please,

thanks for your time , mike,
Mike - Are the Radions and MP40s Mobius ready?

View Badges
Plug everything in wall , you be the programmer ,you can program them individually 1 by 1 without any brain or other device till new board comes in. Lights do your own yes by hand download app on your phone for lights and pumps. And set it you will not lose tank, you do not need a controller to do the work for you ,you are the controller till the new board comes in.

OP
OP
K

Kawamike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx 125 , but i did that , i'm thinking when the energy bar start malfunctioning it messed up the programing within the devices, that's how i became aware of the problem , the lights never shut off! (never had them plugged in the energy bar, just used the WXM wireless module to control them) now when i plug in the lights, i get nothing,,,,, ( i haven't tried the buttons on the lights as of yet ) when i plug in the mp40's they come on for a minute then shut off (lights turn off on the controllers) i went and got enough parts to set up some T5's , and threw a couple of powerheads in , so i have something on the tank now, but not sure of the reaction in the corals to the new living conditions,,,,,

this all started from an apex update , not blaming that , think the bar was on it's last legs , that pushed it over the edge,

thx guys

OP
OP
K

Kawamike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Breadman, that,s what i have been looking into, but can't seen to find a trustworthy link to download the software, nothing on ecotech website that i can see? do you know where i can get it , thanks,,,

Back