APEX FMM/Dos/Dos container

  • Thread starter Thread starter kevin_e
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kevin_e

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2018
Messages
638
Reaction score
292
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I see Neptune system sells optical "probes" as individual entities, similar to what comes on the dosing container and top off system.

I know the Dos and container can track the fluid volume and provide almost real time levels and can also notify you when it is low. I also know that Apex can track your testing data inputs in Fusion and can suggest a dosing regime based on that data.

Can this same feature be created using a FMM and neptune optical "probes" with, say, the BRS space saving jug and Drew's dosers? Does the Apex track the ml dosages or is it the Dos system that does the calculations etc.?

Thanks!
 
The bottom line answer is yes. Apex doesn't track real time levels per say; it is calculated. You have to tell Apex the volume of the container and when it is filled/refilled. From there it calculates the remaining volume based on your dosing amount. This applies to the APEX DOS and any other dosing container. Any float sensor, Apex or otherwise, in a dosing container can be used to trigger an email that the container is low.
 
The bottom line answer is yes. Apex doesn't track real time levels per say; it is calculated. You have to tell Apex the volume of the container and when it is filled/refilled. From there it calculates the remaining volume based on your dosing amount. This applies to the APEX DOS and any other dosing container. Any float sensor, Apex or otherwise, in a dosing container can be used to trigger an email that the container is low.
Thank you. Can you set an FMM and a float switch to monitor volume in an ATO using the ATK?
 
I am not familiar with Apex ATK. I use an Apex level sensor hooked up to a FMM module to notify me when my ATO water container is low.
 
I am not familiar with Apex ATK. I use an Apex level sensor hooked up to a FMM module to notify me when my ATO water container is low.
Yeah, thats what I plan on doing. But you can't set the apex to momitor real time levels, just trigger low water in the ATO?
 
I am not familiar with Apex ATK. I use an Apex level sensor hooked up to a FMM module to notify me when my ATO water container is low.
Yeah, thats what I plan on doing. But you can't set the apex to momitor real time levels, just trigger low water in the ATO?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new