• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Apex For Sale

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_2920.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

Last edited:

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is that? The black module with the silver display must be before my time. Although I think the silver display is offered as an upgrade with the new Apex.
Btw, how do you like the new one?

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's a new display. I've had the unit for 3 years and it's treated me very well. Love these controllers.

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be in great condition. I've had an apex gold for about a year-and-a-half. I really like it,. I'm starting up another tank and need another, but don't know if I want to move up to the new Apex or stick with what I know. I think I might be slightly autistic, I don't like change.

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for all the questions, but it's free bumps for you. What is the difference between this and the apex gold that I got? Does it just the orp probes? Plus lab grade probes? I am definitely interested. Will probably be Thursday or Friday before I can do anything. I already spent this month's budget on corals.
I know apexes don't seem to last on here selling. They go pretty quick.

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be the same as the Apex gold. It has temp, pH, Orp and salinity probes although I believe you would need a module to use the third probe.

Any interest in selling the display separately?

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The only thing with the new apex is it has wifi. Which I now needed.

Salinity does not come with the module, just the probe. I could knock that probe off for bit off. Other then that I won't part out.

This set up if you would go out and buy it would cost you $750.00. There is nothing wrong with anything. It's in perfect condition.

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I apologize for all the questions, but it's free bumps for you. What is the difference between this and the apex gold that I got? Does it just the orp probes? Plus lab grade probes? I am definitely interested. Will probably be Thursday or Friday before I can do anything. I already spent this month's budget on corals.
I know apexes don't seem to last on here selling. They go pretty quick.

There really is no difference. They use the same probes and have the same programming.

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing with the new apex is it has wifi. Which I now needed.

Salinity does not come with the module, just the probe. I could knock that probe off for bit off. Other then that I won't part out.

This set up if you would go out and buy it would cost you $750.00. There is nothing wrong with anything. It's in perfect condition.

There is a bit more than just WiFi but that is one of them (I won't derail your post going over the other stuff) :)

Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to trash your sale. I wasn't. Just wanted them to be aware that the Salinity would need a PM2 module to work.

You are correct that this setup would cost more than you are asking. The price is good. Let me know if you decide to part any of it out and want to sell the display. GLWS

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lol Guys.... I'm trying to sell the unit as a whole... so NO PART OUT. Thanks for the interest though

Brogratz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great deal, just wondering if you would entertain any trades/cash combo? I have some speckled krak's I was going to sell, but could trade one of the plugs plus cash to meet the 410. Let me know what you think, not trying to insult you :).

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Brogratz I appreciate the offer but I'm not currently looking for any coral at the moment. I sure do like that Zoa though! :)

Also, All PMs replied...

SirMilo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
/QUOTE]

The quote above makes it sound as if you might consider selling the Salinity probe separately since you don't have the PM2 for it.
If so, can you post (or PM me) a price including shipping for the salinity probe? Thanks.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back