Apex gotcha.

CloudIX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a apex installed and using the PM2 module so that i can monitor salinity. For it to give you accurate readings it says that you have to install a temp probe on the module. It's says that the temp probe does not need to be calibrated. Thats a bunch of hog wash. After installing everything and calibrating the conductivity probe, it kept telling me that my salinity was a bit lower then my refractor was saying. And i know for 100% that it was correct. Finally i put an old school mercury temp gauge in the tank and it was telling me that my tank was about 3 degrees colder then the apex reported. I re calibrated the temp prob to what the mercury temp gauge said bam everything is now like it should be. Just take a look at my screen shot, you can see when the temp dropped from the correction that the salinity jumped up. Thought i would put this out there for anyone with an apex.

Also with the new firmware coming out for the apex (not out yet, still in beta). A bug was found with the conductivity and you will need to recalibrate it after the flash. If you don't have the calibration fluid on hand, you might want to order some before you flash the apex.

Attachments

• graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 153

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back