SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just updated my R2R profile description: :cool:

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 7.30.16 PM.png

Always happy to help with Apex questions!

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright here’s one for you!!! Programming a feed mode to shut almost everything down including dōs for 20 minutes then a 5 minute delay for the skimmer to come back on? Every time we go to do it something goes screwy and we have to start all over. Lol

Follow these steps:

1. Set your Feed timer for 20 minutes. This is done in the Misc Setup screen. Choose which Feed cycle (A, B, C, or D) and set it to 1200 seconds, then save the setting. In my example, I'll use Feed B:

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 2.23.38 PM.png

2. On each device you want to turn off, add this line of code at the end of the program for that output. The order of commands is important, so be sure this is after any line that would turn the output on.

If FeedB 000 Then OFF

For the DOS and COR, that line should be placed in the Advanced tab if you're using the graphical schedule.

3. On your skimmer, use this line:

If FeedB 005 Then OFF

This adds an additional 5 minutes beyond the 20 minutes defined in the Feed timer.

See my tutorial on Apex Feed Cycles for more details and examples: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-7-feed-cycles.715/

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question

i just obtained a Vortech Battery backup for my Vortechs MP10’s
after Watching BRS’s video on best backup. Im not concerned that much on a heater but more on flow

is there a need to control or have the battery backup know about the APEX or vice versus. Is there any need to? If so can you give me examples

Thank you

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question

i just obtained a Vortech Battery backup for my Vortechs MP10’s
after Watching BRS’s video on best backup. Im not concerned that much on a heater but more on flow

is there a need to control or have the battery backup know about the APEX or vice versus. Is there any need to? If so can you give me examples

Thank you
No, you just have it plugged into the vortech controller and that controller will handle the rest.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just updated my R2R profile description: :cool:

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 7.30.16 PM.png

Always happy to help with Apex questions!

Curious - there has been a bit of discussion over the years - 1. How often to calibrate the various probes and 2. how often to replace the various probes (note - the simple ones - Salinity, ph temp, ORP (I guess I dont use the ORP anyway)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back