Apex Jr - ApexLocal works, Fusion doesn't

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday, with no other changes I'm aware of, my Apex Jr dropped offline. It has only had intermittent and brief connectivity since. As in, while in Fusion I'll keep hitting the "retry" button and it will sometimes connect but then lose connection within a second or so.

However, Apex.Local and the old Apex Browser app both connect to the controller with no problems via wifi. Seems like it's not a local network problem but getting the Apex to the outside internet.

The dashboard on Apex.Local does indicate "ApexFusion Communication Error"

I have a mesh network at home. Main router (which also has wifi), and a three-node network. The main node is ethernet cable directly into the router. I have the Apex Jr wired into a node that is line of sight 10 feet from the main node.

I have tried a few things without success:
Rebooting the router
Resetting the Apex network connection
Ethernet cable direct from Apex to router
None of those result in connectivity.

Does anybody have any suggestions? This is not my forte and I'm at the end of my guesses.

OP
OP
driftin

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realized my laptop was connected to the same wireless mesh network as the Apex. I tried switching over to the router's wifi network, and I now lost connection on the Apex.Local. Does that point to a problem between the main router and the main network node?

mdlc805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having the same problem. Where you ever able to figure it out?

OP
OP
driftin

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did through a lot of trial and error. I think ultimately, I ran ethernet cable from Apex straight to the main router, and also wired laptop straight into the router. Then connected via Apex.Local. Might have done an Apex reboot in there too... but once I did this, I think I was able to then plug the Apex back into the mesh network and it was working fine again. I should have taken taken better notes, because it was a frustrating process to work through.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back