Trouble setting up Apex Jr.

jmo040483

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello hopefully I can get some help with this. I bought an Apex Jr last March, but I haven’t been able to set up the aquarium until now. I’m having trouble getting my Apex Jr to connect with my WiFi. I’ve read everything I can find, and have tried connecting to “apex.local” or “172.16.0.1” and still get no where. My WiFi router is the Google nest router. Would getting a 2.4ghz router solve this issue? Or would that just be a waste of money?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it worked...

Just to clarify as people search for this thread.

The new apex acts as a wifi network that your phone (or any wifi capable device) can connect to. Just like new wifi compatable refrigerators show up on your network list. Once you connect directly to apex, you can add your home network and password so that it can connect directly to fusion. After that, everything is done through the apex fusion app.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense but the Google nest wi-fi is junk and a pita at best of times. It is a dual band wi-fi that isn't smart enough to see "hey new 2. device wants access" I ditched mine for a Deco xe 75 pro and love it! Also no messen around with port forwarding to get off Apex port 80 ;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back