Apex Jr. No Communication

new2reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to hook up my APEx Jr. to Fusion but all I get is the No Communication error. I cannot hook it up directly to a router as I'm in a situation with shared internet and cannot access the router directly. I have a wireless extender that is connected to the router and works with my other devices, but for some reason the Apex will not communicate. I tried changing settings such as DNS that I saw online but unfortunately it won't work. Any ideas?

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the Apex display? I would check to see what IP the Apex gets from the wireless device and work from there. Check to see what IP the wifi device gives to the Apex and make sure that is consistent with what the apex says it's IP is. You might have to power the Apex and the wifi dongle in a certain order as the Apex does not tend to accept new IP address after power up already...so leave the wifi device on and power cycle the Apex.

When I used the WiFi dongle for my apex classic, I set DHCP off and pickes an IP that works with my router for it.

OP
OP
N

new2reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune support contacted me back and I'm now able to log onto the apex control panel via the network but I'm still getting the apex fusion no communication error

OP
OP
N

new2reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have an apex display. I've also updated my firmware to the latest version. I can access the local dashboard from my phone, iPad etc. but still no fusion communication.

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get this when the power goes out. You need to have the internet on and plugged in before powering the unit on. I always have to unplug the apex wait 30 sec make sure the internet is still good and then plug the apex back in. That usually fixes it on mine.

OP
OP
N

new2reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, at this point I'm basically in the same situation as yesterday. Waiting to here back from neptune customer service. My apex jr is connected to the internet via a wifi extender. The extender is working properly and broadcasts an additional signal that I can log onto with my wifi devices. The apex jr is connected directly to the extender via an ethernet cable. I can go into the basic control panel by typing in the address of the apex on any of my wifi devices. The apex controller as well as the dashboard on the computer both display the no communication error. I've tried resetting and powering down as well as DHCP off with changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as well as 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.1 with no success. I cannot connect so I cant even get to the point to access a token to connect to Fusion. Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd schedule a phone session with Apex at this point. I had a problem with my display and they fixed it remotely very quickly. Good luck!

OP
OP
N

new2reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went ahead and worked out a way to hard wire the apex. Works great now

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back