Apex Jr probes not working

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up the Apex Jr, none of the probes seem to be working. The base connected to wi-fi. Updated the AOS. Using apex fusion app.

Plugged in temperature probe and calibrated against the ink bird. Clicked upload configuration. Temperature shows a constant 19.6 F in the dashboard.

Ph calibration failed at 7ph solution step.

Water level sensor not detected at all.

is there something I am missing? I tried resetting and adding back network. Power cycled few times. Nothing helped.
Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

8CA44A51-5CC0-41F5-813F-5FAA3DC9C783.jpeg

2C852E16-0012-4BFF-A40A-2C1E2476E55D.png

OP
OP
Bonsai reef

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd open a ticket with Apex. They are quick to respond.
Did that already and this in a replacement they sent to a faulty one which didn’t connect to the wifi. Been a month I have purchased the Apex and still not able to get it running. I had no idea that such a pricy device can give me so much trouble out of the box :frowning-face:

Reeferonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up the Apex Jr, none of the probes seem to be working. The base connected to wi-fi. Updated the AOS. Using apex fusion app.

Plugged in temperature probe and calibrated against the ink bird. Clicked upload configuration. Temperature shows a constant 19.6 F in the dashboard.

Ph calibration failed at 7ph solution step.

Water level sensor not detected at all.

is there something I am missing? I tried resetting and adding back network. Power cycled few times. Nothing helped.
Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

8CA44A51-5CC0-41F5-813F-5FAA3DC9C783.jpeg

2C852E16-0012-4BFF-A40A-2C1E2476E55D.png
Did they ever find a solution to this issue? Set my Jr up today and having the EXACT same issue out of the box. Down to the values being the same to the decimal point (assuming this is some kind of minimum or default "failed probe display value")

Emailed Neptune support, hopefully they get back soon just wondering if they had to replace your hardware?

OP
OP
Bonsai reef

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they ever find a solution to this issue? Set my Jr up today and having the EXACT same issue out of the box. Down to the values being the same to the decimal point (assuming this is some kind of minimum or default "failed probe display value")

Emailed Neptune support, hopefully they get back soon just wondering if they had to replace your hardware?
I returned the unit and ordered a new one from BRS. Neptune support was a bad experience for me. They ask for deposit to ship replacement and that replacement was defective too!

Reeferonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I returned the unit and ordered a new one from BRS. Neptune support was a bad experience for me. They ask for deposit to ship replacement and that replacement was defective too just went through returning a defective Hanna Marine Monitor. This was supposed to replace that and be legit this time.

I returned the unit and ordered a new one from BRS. Neptune support was a bad experience for me. They ask for deposit to ship replacement and that replacement was defective too!
Awesome this should be really fun.

I just went through this with the Hanna Marine Monitor. 2 units defective in a row, ended up returning to my LFS. This was supposed to replace it. How and why is this so difficult for these companies to get right?

OP
OP
Bonsai reef

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome this should be really fun.

I just went through this with the Hanna Marine Monitor. 2 units defective in a row, ended up returning to my LFS. This was supposed to replace it. How and why is this so difficult for these companies to get right?
On the other hand, my experience with Sicce has been wonderful. I my 6 months old SDC 6 flow was a little off. They sent me a brand new pump, no question asked! They also didn’t want the old one back, asked me to keep it as a spare pump.

dowdalld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. Exactly the same problem. Brand new Apex Jr, arrived today, pH and temperature the same as above...........

Did anyone find a solution?

Last edited:

dowdalld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the same issue. follow
I had to return the unit for replacement, coincidentally, new unit arrived yesterday and exactly the same problem. Waiting for them to respond to my support request but at this point would prefer to return for a refund.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back