Apex junior optical sensors

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used a controller before, so be gentle. I bought a junior for the wife's tank. It came with 2 optical sensors and half a power supply (the little adapter bit is missing, the electronic bit is there). Isn't it supposed to come with 1 optical sensor and a full power supply? I have ordered a power supply from the amazon because I'm not going to mess about and they are cheap but I'll feel like a winner if they've give me an extra optical sensor in error (even if I've got nowhere to plug it in), lol. Can anyone confirm that I'm a winner?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct :D I reckon the optical sensor is slightly more expensive than the power supply - so from a $$ perspective , you win :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

1000002027.png

dowdalld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching this out of curiosity. Ordered a Jr back at the beginning of October, dispatch was delayed as all the ones in stock were missing an "important component" from the box. When it arrived it wouldn't recognise the probes, diagnosed remotely as a faulty controller. Returned it for a replacement which also didn't recognise the probes. Diagnosed remotely as a hardware fault. Have returned that for a refund which hopefully will process in the coming weeks....

OP
OP
Garf

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update - the cheap power supply worked great. Had 6 hours of frustration trying to get all the alarms working and sending emails but finally sussed it. Bonus, both optical sensors are functional, so the wife has got a spare.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update - the cheap power supply worked great. Had 6 hours of frustration trying to get all the alarms working and sending emails but finally sussed it. Bonus, both optical sensors are functional, so the wife has got a spare.
It's a christmas miracle!!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: It can be such a pain to get it up and running properly, but when you're there it's such a joy! Well done- and enjoy!

OP
OP
Garf

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife occasionally triggers the leak sensor topping up the kalk, manual waterchange container etc, then this happens. Alarm OFF notifications every 5 seconds, which is rather annoying (1500 alarms in 4 weeks must be some type of record, lol). Seems to stop after the base unit is turned off then on again. Any ideas on how to stop it another way?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120-135303.png
    Screenshot_20240120-135303.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 14

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back