Apex junior wont connect with new router.

Nathenvan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I switched my internet provider from Verizon to Xfinity and now I can connect to my Apex Jr. I know the IP Address for the apex but it will not connect. The IP address for xfinity is as follows 10.0.0.1. My apex IP address is 192.168.1.16. Any advice, thanks

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I switched my internet provider from Verizon to Xfinity and now I can connect to my Apex Jr. I know the IP Address for the apex but it will not connect. The IP address for xfinity is as follows 10.0.0.1. My apex IP address is 192.168.1.16. Any advice, thanks
They are on two differnt networks they can't talk to each other.

If your Apex was on DHCP then things will be easier. If you made a static address for the Apex then you will need to access the Apex through a USB cable or reset the Apex. If you get into the Apex with the USB then you need to set the Apex to DHCP. If you are on WiFi you will also need to change your WiFi credentials on the Apex.

Once you get the Apex on DHCP the router will assign it a new 10. address. You will need to log into the router and look at the routes in the router to determine which IP your Apex is. Apex is pretty good about providing the user login as a name so you can quickly identify the Apex. You can then log into the Apex locally and change anything you need to. Apex is pretty slow at getting Fusion up and running but if you can get in locally then eventually it will get the Fusion up so that you can access it via the web.

OP
OP
Nathenvan

Nathenvan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are on two differnt networks they can't talk to each other.

If your Apex was on DHCP then things will be easier. If you made a static address for the Apex then you will need to access the Apex through a USB cable or reset the Apex. If you get into the Apex with the USB then you need to set the Apex to DHCP. If you are on WiFi you will also need to change your WiFi credentials on the Apex.

Once you get the Apex on DHCP the router will assign it a new 10. address. You will need to log into the router and look at the routes in the router to determine which IP your Apex is. Apex is pretty good about providing the user login as a name so you can quickly identify the Apex. You can then log into the Apex locally and change anything you need to. Apex is pretty slow at getting Fusion up and running but if you can get in locally then eventually it will get the Fusion up so that you can access it via the web.
Thanks for the advice. I was able to change Xfinity router ip to 192. Got into apex and turn on DHCP. Switched Router back to IP 10. All is good now.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back