Apex Leak Detection Kit

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had nothing but issues with the Leak Detection Kit. One of the unites says 'closed' no matter what. I've tried cleaning the coils, and blow drying the unit but still says 'closed'. The other unit switches between open and closed about once a minute.

The unit that goes open and closed is sitting on a tile surface. I'm wondering if they have issues with tile?

But the other one just doesn't ever open. How has other's experience with the kit and any ideas what could be wrong?

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found with my FMM that the cables that plug in to the unit are a little sketchy. You have to be super-sure they are pushed in all the way, jiggle them around a bit, or they don't seat right, and then random happens.

Once I got mine in, I actually put a cable bracket in place to hold them there, so nothing would jiggle them out.

OP
OP
Andrew Schubert

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found with my FMM that the cables that plug in to the unit are a little sketchy. You have to be super-sure they are pushed in all the way, jiggle them around a bit, or they don't seat right, and then random happens.

Once I got mine in, I actually put a cable bracket in place to hold them there, so nothing would jiggle them out.
Yea, I actually unplugged them for about 20min and plugged them back in..still same...so i'm not sure that is the issue. But will try again. thanks

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are sensitive. Place a paper towel under the sensor. If the surface they rest on retains moisture (concrete eg), they will show as closed.

Also, if you are testing in Fusion, be aware that it can sometimes take as long as 2 minutes for the change to be updated in the Fusion display.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back