Apex Module Missing log?

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past two days one of my FMM modules has been losing connection and I wake up to a "Module Missing" alarm on the Apex 2016. So far simply rebooting the module has fixed it (although there is a flow sensor on this FMM and it does not always report the sensor after I reboot it). I wanted to check to see if this was happening at a certain time or if anything else was going on at the time, but Apex does not log these in the Alarm Log. Is there some place where module status is logged?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That information is not available in the current user interface, but I bet Neptune Support might have a way to access it with their tools. You should contact them and open a ticket:

OP
OP
Oberst Hajj

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That information is not available in the current user interface, but I bet Neptune Support might have a way to access it with their tools. You should contact them and open a ticket:

Thanks. If it drops out again I'll open a ticket with them.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be an interesting test to move the problematic flow sensor to your other FMM to see if the module disconnect issue follows that sensor.

OP
OP
Oberst Hajj

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be an interesting test to move the problematic flow sensor to your other FMM to see if the module disconnect issue follows that sensor.
I could try that at some point, but the other FMM is full of optical sensors and it has been a pain to get the FMM to see flow sensors instead of leak detectors. Not sure I want to mess with all of that on top of having to re-rout my flow sensor cable twice (the two FMMs are on opposite ends of my fish room). I think I'd rather just swap the FMMs out and see if that one then drops out. I guess in the end it's the same test.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could try that at some point, but the other FMM is full of optical sensors and it has been a pain to get the FMM to see flow sensors instead of leak detectors. Not sure I want to mess with all of that on top of having to re-rout my flow sensor cable twice (the two FMMs are on opposite ends of my fish room). I think I'd rather just swap the FMMs out and see if that one then drops out. I guess in the end it's the same test.
Any time the FMM incorrectly detects a sensor type, the most common cause is the cable not fully seated in the FMM socket, or the sensor is beginning to fail. Be sure to give each plug a firm push to see if it further "clicks" into place.

OP
OP
Oberst Hajj

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any time the FMM incorrectly detects a sensor type, the most common cause is the cable not fully seated in the FMM socket, or the sensor is beginning to fail. Be sure to give each plug a firm push to see if it further "clicks" into place.
Thanks for that tip. In my case, the sensor is brand new and the cable has not been touched. After a couple of attempts, I got the FMM to correctly detect and setup the flow meter. Then the FFM disconnected from the Apex. After removing the Auqabus cable and putting it back in, the FMM re-connected, but the ports had forgot what they were setup as. After getting it to detect the flow sensor, it started working again. All with out me ever touching the flow sensor cable.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back