Apex nearly killed the tank!

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishOkay
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FishOkay

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2021
Messages
460
Reaction score
338
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason my apex light was flashing and it'd kept the heaters on! Must have been for a while. My pond reached 31.5 degrees C before I noticed it. what the heck is going on, I don't know. It's set to fallback to off? Has anyone had this before.
Had a few fish trying to jump out, likely very stressful for them.
I have turned all the lights off and put ice in plastic bags in the sump and opened a door so the temperature drops in there (Garage)
Trouble is the ice just melted too quickly lol
 
Bad relay on the bar? Swap outlets if you can and test it works.
I'm not sure I don't think so, it seems to be working now. After unplugging and replugging it. Well the lights are off for outlets now anyway. Funnily enough it just asked me to update the os aswell. I have a feeling it was a software problem
 
I'm not sure I don't think so, it seems to be working now. After unplugging and replugging it. Well the lights are off for outlets now anyway. Funnily enough it just asked me to update the os aswell. I have a feeling it was a software problem
Not sure about how these outlets go but it could still be faulty despite appearing to work again. Keep a close eye on it. Best of luck
 
I have an Inkbird controller plugged into my Apex. Just in case.
That's a good idea, I have one somewhere il use that. Even if I don't use the sockets atleast itl give me a visual other than the apex app.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new