Apex needs a 'Maintenance Mode'

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning out my sump today, along with the equipment in it. The Apex pH and temp probes I moved to the inlet crash box to keep them wet. About an hour into my task I started getting alerts about temperature. So I disabled alarms - fine. But I still have that ugly dip in the charts:
Apex.png
Wouldn't it be nice to have a 'Maintenance Mode' that would disable alarms, pause logging, etc.? Perhaps with some clever code it could be implemented with one of the Feed modes, but I'd rather have a dedicated 'Maintenance Mode' button on the Dashboard. Am I alone here?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have requested features like this on the Neptune forums. And/or the ability to edit out sections of graphs after the fact.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a good idea. They should have a freeze button. It should just freeze everything till you releasing it or by default time say in 1 hr or 2

doubleohwhatever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been a requested feature for a long time now. I've always wondered what would happen if you just unplugged the controller during maintenance but I've never remembered to try it.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could tie your alarm to a feed mode, just like a powerhead or skimmer. It wouldn't do anything for the picture of a dog's mouth, err, graph you posted, but it would ease silencing the alarm for a little bit and turn them back on reliably.

OP
OP
don_chuwish

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could tie your alarm to a feed mode, just like a powerhead or skimmer. It wouldn't do anything for the picture of a dog's mouth, err, graph you posted, but it would ease silencing the alarm for a little bit and turn them back on reliably.
Yes there's probably a lot that could get close to what I'm looking for with some work on one of the four Feeds. I have three tweaked for various purposes already. I just think it should be a built in feature.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back