Apex orp reading 0 when wet and 70 when dry, multiple probes

  • Thread starter Thread starter dead_goby
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dead_goby

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2021
Messages
44
Reaction score
13
Location
51534
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assumed my probe failed and replaced it however my new probe is doing it the exact same thing.

When in the tank orp reads 0 consistently, and between 40-70 when I take the probe out and let it dry.

This is happening on 3 probes so it seems likely it's an apex Neptune issue.

Does anyone have any ideas or where to begin?
 
I'd like to rule out the possibility that the probe input isn't set to pH. And depending on if it's connected to the apex brain or a PM module will dictate how to check for proper configuration.
It is in the right connector.
 
It is in the right connector.
Your answer creates more questions than answers.

What does this mean? Are you saying it's physically connected to the BNC?

Or are you saying that the software is configured correctly in fusion?

Perhaps there's a level of understanding that you're missing with apex. And if that's true, we need to start there.
 
Your answer creates more questions than answers.

What does this mean? Are you saying it's physically connected to the BNC?

Or are you saying that the software is configured correctly in fusion?

Perhaps there's a level of understanding that you're missing with apex. And if that's true, we need to start there.
I can't understand why you are having trouble with my statement, said less simply the orp probe is connected to the right connector in the controller. Make sense?
 
I can't understand why you are having trouble with my statement, said less simply the orp probe is connected to the right connector in the controller. Make sense?
I can't tell if you're trolling or not. If you take a step back and comprehend what was posted previous, it might make a little more sense.

Apex Fusion is a bit more complicated than that. It offers the ability for the orp port to be converted into a pH port via fusion.

What I'm trying to convey to you is that we need to rule out the possibility that the orp port wasn't disabled and pH2 was enabled.
 
I can't tell if you're trolling or not. If you take a step back and comprehend what was posted previous, it might make a little more sense.

Apex Fusion is a bit more complicated than that. It offers the ability for the orp port to be converted into a pH port via fusion.

What I'm trying to convey to you is that we need to rule out the possibility that the orp port wasn't disabled and pH2 was enabled.
Thanks, I wasn't aware the ports could be switched. If you are interested today it did start sending results. I'll calibrate whenever fluid arrives.
 
I think the PM1 module can be configured PH or ORP but I'm not sure the ORP port in the base unit and be changed.

I know that ORP is not typically field calibrated. I think I would ask Neptune Systems about the issue.
 
I think the PM1 module can be configured PH or ORP but I'm not sure the ORP port in the base unit and be changed.

I know that ORP is not typically field calibrated. I think I would ask Neptune Systems about the issue.
We've already established that the base unit can convert the orp to a second pH socket. It's well documented and easy step by step instructions to convert it with an easy search.

Assuming that he bought the a2 used, there's a good possibility that the previous owner configured it for a 2nd pH probe. But with the lack of response from the OP, it's hard to nail down any facts about the problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new