Replace ORP Probe due to dry storage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xandernfs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Xandernfs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
224
Reaction score
149
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded my tank and when I was in transition I just kept my probes in a ziplock. Would my ORP probe still be good? It's from an Apex or should I replace it with a BRS one. Looks like it's giving good readings (between 289-301), but was just unsure.
 
I upgraded my tank and when I was in transition I just kept my probes in a ziplock. Would my ORP probe still be good? It's from an Apex or should I replace it with a BRS one. Looks like it's giving good readings (between 289-301), but was just unsure.
It will probably work fine, but if you want to regenerate the electrode and restore some of the strength of the internal reference solution - leave the measuring part in 3M KCl solution for a few days. Next time - do not store it dry but instead have the measuring part of the electrode in a 3 M KCl solution.

I have "waked up" a lot of both pH and ORP electrodes that have been dry for a prolonged time this way

Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new