Apex ph manual calibration value question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tangdora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tangdora

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2020
Messages
896
Reaction score
507
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Does anyone know when manually calibrating an apex PH probe if the value is an indication of the actual ph reading when performing the calibration. Ie. confidence 100% but value shows 754 in a 7.0 solution. Do this imply that the apex thinks the solution is really 7.54 ph and that if I confirm the ph is going to be off. I ask be cause I tried to calibrate and when I did the 10.0 solution that value showed 995 when it gave me 100% and as soon a confirmed the ph showed 9.95 which was an odd coincidence That the number was the same minus the decimal. If there is a direct relationship, does that just imply the test was done wrong? The calibration solution is bad And that we really should be trying to see as close to 700 and 1000 after the 100% confidence is given
 
Hi

Does anyone know when manually calibrating an apex PH probe if the value is an indication of the actual ph reading when performing the calibration. Ie. confidence 100% but value shows 754 in a 7.0 solution. Do this imply that the apex thinks the solution is really 7.54 ph and that if I confirm the ph is going to be off. I ask be cause I tried to calibrate and when I did the 10.0 solution that value showed 995 when it gave me 100% and as soon a confirmed the ph showed 9.95 which was an odd coincidence That the number was the same minus the decimal. If there is a direct relationship, does that just imply the test was done wrong? The calibration solution is bad And that we really should be trying to see as close to 700 and 1000 after the 100% confidence is given
It should be
There’s really good instructional videos on you tube
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new